3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Living around Helena, not Bozeman  (Read 338 times)

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Living around Helena, not Bozeman
« on: July 23, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Been trying to move out west for a while now and a job just happened to come up recently in Helena. Everything I typed about Bozeman was incorrect, It's Helena.  Just wondering about Places to live that would be affordable and not entirely terrible to commute from during the winter. And most important I guess is how does Helena stack up as far as western towns go. The hunting and fishing outlook would be great as well:archer:  

Thanks in advance, Nathan
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline will_hunt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Living around Helena, not Bozeman
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Go there.  All towns in the west are becoming "get aways".  If you want to live out your dreams, don't waste your time and energy looking for the perfect situation. MONTANA, DUDE!!! THAT IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Ok< slight-major correction!!! Its Helena!!! DUh!! Not Bozeman.  Boy don't I feel stupid!
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
I remember when Bozeman was a great place, and as you say, it has become somewhat of a yuppie town, but I'm betting that as a hunter and lover of the outdoors, it will beat Massachusetts hands down.
All the smaller towns nearby have pretty much become bedroom communities for Bozeman. There is still very good hunting, fishing, and general outdoor opportunities in that area.
If I were you, I would give the place a serious look.

Well, I just saw your post that it is Helena. The same comments apply, however.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
What are you waiting for?!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick replies. If the hunting was the same (which it clearly isn't) the opportunity to say good riddance to Massachusetts anti-hunting anti-sportsman laws would be a lightyear leap for me!!

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Nate, be prepared for some dude who calls you Friend, crashing on your couch for wayyyy longer than he's welcome   :readit:    :rolleyes:    

Whatever happens I hope it's for the best, I will see you in 1.5 days and counting.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
HAHAHA  I hope to see that day brother!!  Looking at houses online now and there are some gorgeous places for what we were looking to spend here. One even has a pretty sweet trailer on the property for "guests". Hell to live out there I'd take the trailer myself.
1.5 and I'm driving your way "friend". Compared to last year, ordinary downpours will feel like Mist!

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:40:00 AM »
Left Bozeman in 1994, heard it's changed ALOT.  Hunted elk near Helena, never connected but had fun trying.  Good luck

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 04:01:00 AM »
helena is a great town,good hunting and excellent trout fishing,centrally located for lakes and mountains,go for it, i live in bozeman ,gettin busier,both college towns with lots of outdoor stuff, good luck.

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Thanks. Any areas around there any better than others for house hunting? Girlfriend must have slept with the ac pointing at her toes cause her cold feet are making her reconsider leaving her job. UGH!!

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
I have only visited Helena about 10 or 12 years ago.  I saw more whitetails in a couple of days than all the time I hunted in Maine and Massachusetts.  These were "in town" deer.  At the time whitetails were looked at as rabbits, pesky vermin.  Mulie was King.  I remember lots of water access and plenty of Natl. Forest nearby. Go and enjoy!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »
I'll be riding with Charlie so you will need another couch.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Sent you an email... been a while since I lived there... but shared what I could
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Yeah I'll just sleep in the floor if that's cool?
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Toecutter:
Thanks. Any areas around there any better than others for house hunting? Girlfriend must have slept with the ac pointing at her toes cause her cold feet are making her reconsider leaving her job. UGH!!
there are girls in Montana.......
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
That was my next thought Dave!!  Gonna be some hard conversations on the horizon if this works out.  Bring it on boys!! Gonna do a montana version of the adirondack attack! All welcome!

Offline highplains55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
they have snipers that shoot deer in town cause they have taken over back yards and parks,it is the state capital so rentals get tough,but lots of little towns nearby that are nice with rentals,helena has a nice indoor ice rink for hockey too,and there is a couple archery shops also and they have 3D shoots.a few microbreweries also!

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Oh man im screwed!! Or not...

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
Buy your woman some good Cabella's socks and get going!

Dry cold doesn't hurt like NE damp cold does...dry cold will kill you quick, but it's a painless death they tell me... just get real warm and fall asleep.    :scared:    :eek:    :knothead:    :bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©