3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can shooting multiple bows cause problem?  (Read 424 times)

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can shooting multiple bows cause problem?
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2013, 08:17:00 AM »
In 2006 I wanted to see just how good I could get with a bow. I shot nothing except my Hummingbird recurve for several months. In my quest for accuracy I also realized aluminum arrows were much better than the wood I had been shooting for 20 years.

Regular practice with one bow and good matching arrows was quite an eye opener for me. I shot better than I thought I was capable of. I even had my best year ever on groudhogs with a total of 36, two dozen more than a typical summer.

In spite of the enjoyment I got from shooting really well I missed shooting my other bows. Nothing reboots my mind like a peaceful walk in my stumping woods with a longbow and back quiver full of wood arrows. I eventually called my experiment a success and went back to regularly switching bows at will.

Shooting only one bow will definately help with your accuracy, but it is just so incredibly boring!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©