3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Minox Binoculars  (Read 221 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Minox Binoculars
« on: July 30, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
I am currently looking on line at a pair of Minox BF 10x42 BR Binoculars.   Does anyone own a pair of these and could share information.  Thanks!

Offline hntngrl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Minox Binoculars
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
I have    these . I got them at an extreme discount because they were snow camo and apparently that color went out of style. I was very happy with the quality of the lenses (just as good or better as my husband's Nikon Monarchs), but both my friend and I who bought these have experienced the same problem. The ring around the lens (below the eye pieces) cracked and eventually broke. It has happened once, and I called Minox and they fixed it for free. But since the snow camo was no longer available they had to use black to replace the broken parts. So it looks a little weird but functions fine and has not broken again for either of us. They are heavy but seem to be very solid. They came with a case, strap, eyepiece covers, and cleaning cloth. I have had them for three years now and they came with me to South Africa. For the $100 I spent on them I was not disappointed.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Appreciate the report.  No one in our area carries this product line so I can't "try them out".  I have a chance to pick them up for around $150.00 NIB so the price seems right!

Thanks again.....

Offline Tyler C. Moore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
Minox tend to be very high quality for the money you spend. I remember hearing somewhere they were pioneers in the "spy camera" industry for some time because their glass was so high quality.
Tyler C. Moore

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
I have heard good reviews of their rifle scopes.  I was hoping their binoculars carry the same reputation.  Thanks for the input!

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
I have the 8x42s and they are great glass (this will be season 4 on them). Minox are one of the best values in glass right now.

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »
I do! Love them!

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
I have had a couple pairs of Minox binoculars over the years and found them to be well built with good optical perfomance. I didn't keep them long enough to comment on their longevity but I would classify them as a solid middle of the road binoculars. The models I owned were roof prism and their top of the line offering. I did own a set of their lower end glasses and they did not impress me at all.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
Appreciate the input.  I just may give them a try.  While i would love to spend money to get the best, I fing myself spending my money on bows, knives and such!  Not a bad thing, but it does cut into my ability to purchase higher end optics.

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »
I took my 10x42's with me on a photo safari to South Africa and I was able to see some game that one of our guides with his larger Nikons could not pick out of the bush. They performed great and were comfortable to carry and view through for me.

Offline Moon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
I have had my Minox 8x32 for about 10 plus years.  Great pair of binoculars you won't be disappointed.  They gather good light early and late and are light weight too.

Good luck.
Moon

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
I have a pair of the 8x32's and a pair of Swarovski's in the same power. They are both older binoculars. The Swarovski is the best in clarity but the minox is a very good value and excellent glass.

Offline DaveT1963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Ditto all the above - Swarovski may be slightly better but definately not much better.  Minox has really good german glass.
Everything has a price - the more we accept, the more the cost

Caribow Tuktu ET 53# @ 27 Inches
Thunderhorn takedown longbow 55# @ 27
Lots of James Berry Bows

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
I've had mine for about 3 years and they are nice. I've got the 10 power compacts. The only problem I ve had is the plastic neck strap attachment piece broke off and there is no way to replace it as it is part of the bino.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Great feedback!  I did go ahead and purchasethe 10x42 compacts.  I think they will be just the ticket for the hunting I do here on the East coast.

Thanks all for the feedback!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©