3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Happy boertjie from South Africa  (Read 612 times)

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
Happy boertjie from South Africa
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
I need to share this with you guys- I have just bought myself a Huba WZ and I feel like a five year old with a shiny new bicycle. Got it with 2 sets of limbs #53 and #62 for IBO and hunting.  Have a yearly hunting trip on the 9th August for Impala and Warthog cannot wait     :bigsmyl:   If only I new how I would've'added a picture

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Happy boertjie from South Africa
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
Sounds nice!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:00 PM »
Sounds great!  Let us know what kind of bloodbath you cause out there, with pics.  I carry a spear for backup when I go after hogs, just sayin'...   Good Hunting.
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 01:38:00 AM »
In line with the type of people that I have found on this site Chromebuck has offered to help with the pictures Thank you for that so there should be pictures soon .As far as the hunting goes hopefully by that time I would know how and will make sure that there are picks and a vid clip

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:01:00 AM »
That's great! I would like to be helpful myself,if you need a a trad buddy to hunt those critters,here I am.LOL
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
cacciatore-Come on over lets see what we can organize

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:08:00 PM »
Henriks bow...

62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »
Thank you very much Chromebuck

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Nice! Good luck on your hunt! I can't wait to get back over there for another hunt.

Bisch

Offline PZee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Hey Stompie,

Nice bow, enjoy your hunt. Where are you based here in SA?

Would love to get together and skiet a bit.....

Chat soon

Pete
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
That is an older model Habu take down with zebra wood.  Took that same bow to Africa with me in 2000.  Impala, zebra. kudu, Gemsbok, springbok.  Where did you get it from as those limb weights are also the same as what I had, could be the same bow?
John
habujohn

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
Pzee im in PE but ill be hunting near Thaba this coming weekend where abouts are you?
Habujohn I bought it from Frans Smit based in George but he works half of every year in America dont now where or from whom he bought it -if this is what the older ones shoot like I would dearly like to see/feel the new ones. Tackdriver,smooth draw, speed and VERY VERY quiet Happy as a warthog in >>>t

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
Congrats on the bow Stompie  :)

Take lots of pics of your hunts. Many a tradganger will help with posting them. We all like to see adventure thru the glass of others.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
As I have promised before I will do so thanx!

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 01:52:00 PM »
You should send me the serial number on that bow and so I can look it up.  I am pretty sure that is the bow I had my brother build for me just to take to Africa, if not it identical and has the same weight on each set of limbs.  The handle has zebra wood and American Walnut in it.  I loved shooting that bow and it took down a lot of game in African as well as in the USA.  Has been on bear hunts, elk hunt, Antelope, mulies and whitetail deer.  Lots of good mojo.  Hope you get as much out of it as I did.
John
habujohn

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
51800B never realized both sets of limbs has the same serial no!! now wouldnt that be great If that is true believe me it isin good hands I love this bow to bits everything I want in a bow

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Well isn't that something, it is the bow I took to Africa in 2000.  The number you have shows the bow was built May 18, 2000 and was a gift to me from my brother just for my trip.  It is a fine bow and I am very happy that you are putting it to good use.  I only missed one shot with that bow and that was a follow up shot on a kudu at 60 meters, I had hit him in the liver with the first arrow.  I still recall the next shot as the PH was in my ear telling me to shoot again, this time the arrow arc found it's mark and the big bull bolted about 50 meters and was down for good.
habujohn

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 01:30:00 AM »
Goosebumps all over! Thanx for the good news like I said its in the care of someone that appreciates it

Offline PZee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 02:56:00 AM »
Stompie, I'm in Jozi, in Krugersdorp. Enjoy Thabazimbi? I was in BelaBela. A few weeks ago although not to hunt. Something strange happens to me when I'm in the veld though, I'm home. Off to Kruger in 10days. Good luck with your hunt. Shoot straight.
'Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?'

Offline Stompie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanx I will -will be in Roodepoort on Thursday going to the Western deep levels? shooting club where they have an archery club to shoot a few final arrows sleep over in Roodepoort Thusday night and then of to the bush on Friday CANNOT wait

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©