3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What would u use  (Read 209 times)

Offline flyne

• Trad Bowhunter
What would u use
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
I'm setting up some new arrows for my 70@29 56" helms deep
2 PC and I can't make up my mind what head to use on them I have some 250 grn vpa 2 blades for total arrow wait of 700grn  and some simmons treesharks and safaris that go 300 grns for total arrow wait of 750grn they all fly great from the set up this set up will mainly be used for hunting samber wich are alot heaveyer built then elk
just wondering what combo u would run
Cheers jim
If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.         (Fred Bear)

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What would u use
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
I have shot all three and I have a hard time deciding between the treesharks and safaris. Probably safaris for that application. Sounds like a good problem to have!

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:26:00 PM »
Take a look at some of the posts in the Dark Continent section....there are some good discussions there about broadheads for use on game that are tougher to kill than elk

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline flyne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
I guse what I realy want to know is would the tree shark penetrate good enough or am I just better off going with the vpa for strength and penetration iv had clean pass threws with a simuler set up using the VPAs but I never tryed a tree shark but I have curled the first. 3mm of a safari but it still had a exit wound
Jim
If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.         (Fred Bear)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©