3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cost of hunting  (Read 631 times)

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
Cost of hunting
« on: August 08, 2013, 05:52:00 AM »
Recent posts about hunting trips to New Zealand got me thinking, which can be bad, about costs of hunting trips around the world. The DIY public land hunts, not the guided outfitter hunts. Here in Indiana it's as follows--

Resident Deer $24 ($150 NR)
Resident Turkey $25 ($120 NR)
Resident Hunt & fish Combo $25 (N/A for NR)

But, what are some prices in different countries and even different states?

I am just wondering about permit fees, license fees, everything you need to purchase before you hike off into the mountains in some foreign land.

What do you guys say?
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cost of hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
SC for deer  hunt license resident $12 nonres $125
             Big game permit       $18        $100
             Wildlife mngmt permit,$30        $76
             for state/federal
             land
shoot straight shoot often

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »
I pay around $100 for a license to hunt/fish every legal animal in the entire state on public or private land.  That includes about 30 permits you can otherwise buy individually.  There are so many permits here that I gave up trying to figure out which ones I need and just buy them all.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
Less than $400 for a lifetime comprehensive hunting and fishing license back in 1988. I don't hunt outside of Indiana but if I wanted to hunt waterfowl I would still have to buy a Federal duck stamp.

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
It can be relatively inexpensive in other states especially but far off places like New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii, and Alaska can be done relatively inexpensive after the initial cost of the plane ticket. I can set aside my tax return or even just 100 bucks a month and do one a year.  These are all on my list!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
We live in California and only hunt hogs here. I don't remember what the tags and licenses cost-probably 100 bucks per hunter. We hunt Ut for elk regularly and that runs about 450 per hunter for licenses and tags, Adam drew a bull tag a couple of years ago and that was about double. When you look at the big picture whether it is vehicles, fuel, or plane tickets the actual hunting portion does not have to be that high-unless of course you want a guided hunt and landowner tags and that's an option too.

Offline calgarychef

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say what I spend on hunting but my grandfather told me years ago that "wild game is free meat, its the sport of it that costs money."  Poor old grandpa would be horrified to see what we pay for fishing and hunting  licences now.

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Runs a little over $100 to hunt and fish everything in Louisiana, but I bought a lifetime license for $500 about 12 years ago.  Six deer limit in Louisiana.

Only thing needed is a Federal Duck Stamp if you hunt ducks, which I do.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline HighTecRedNeck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
About a 100 here in FL, I just buy what they call the Sportsmen Gold which includes hunting, fishing etc etc etc.

They have so many I am always worried I would leave something out and have some jackwaggon cop bust my chops
You either do or you don't, there is no try

All The Way !

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »
I have bought about 1700 dollars worth of bows this year...compared to that the cost of licensing is rather insignificant...I would say I spend around 200 to 300 dollars a year here in Alberta...for that I can hunt mule deer, whitetail deer, elk and moose if I want to

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline Jim Picarelli

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19:00 PM »
$37.40 in PA to hunt including an archery license. With the general license, I get a spring gobbler tag, a fall turkey tag, a buck tag, and can hunt small game. Antlerless tags are an additional $6.70
67" Hill Tembo, 50@27
67" Hill Half Breed, 53@27
66" Hill Redman, 48@27
66" Hill Cheetah, 55@27
66" Hill Big Five, 50@27

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
I buy the sportsman's license here in New York. It includes fishing,small game, big game with archery and muzzleloading. I get one antlered and one antlerless tag which can be used during archery or the late muzzleloading season. I get a regular( gun  season) antlered deer tag. Two fall turkey tags,two spring gobbler tags, a Bear tag which is good threw the next years early Bear season in the northern zone. I can also apply for two additional antlerless tags for the regular season ( can use a bow )for an additional 10.00. Sportsman's license is 86.00 I believe. Woodcock and Waterfowl requires a federal Duck stamp as well as a small game license.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
I get hunt fish for $25, but i am a senior citizen. Res deer elk antelope cost additional- if drawn.  My cow last year was $120.  Yep resident cow $120. Deer is $60.  Buck antelope can only be applied for on the 6 th year after a successful hunt.  You guys back east do not know hoe well you have it.  We can spend a year at small game if unsuccessful in tne lottery
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 01:25:00 AM »
Its 28 dollars here in Tennessee for the hunting and fishing license and the another 28 for my bow stamp.  I only hunt with my bow but if I used a muzzle loader that's another 28 for a black powder stamp and another 28 for a rifle stamp..lol  But since I only bow hunt I get out a little cheaper than most.

Offline stickandstring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 05:41:00 AM »
VA cost me $64 last season. Waterfowl and National forest permit added $14.
Let it fly ->>------>

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »
In WI we have what is called a Patron license for $165 which I purchase every year.  It covers virtually everything you can do outdoors from hunting and fishing to bike trail pass and state park admission.  
It's the out of state tags that are really getting out of hand.  Wisconsin's NR deer license is $160, and if you are a first time hunter here they cut it in half.  That's not a bad deal at all compared to virtually every other state that I hunt.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 06:28:00 AM »
Residents hunt free after 65 in Mississippi
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 06:35:00 AM »
Resident hunters typically have it pretty good. I haven't bought a hunting license or any tags in Ohio for at least 5 years. That's because I own some land and can hunt it with no state licenses or permits.

Step out of state and expect to pay much higher prices for NR tags and license. I get that. It's how states make money and control NR hunter numbers. As Joe points out, NR tags for certain species have become a rich man's game...you simply have to spend it to hunt it.

There are still bargains out there for diy hunters. In many cases though, the hunts are still pricey by the time you put together gear, transportation to destination, license and tags. I don't think anyone is traveling far and spending only a few dollars extra to hunt another destination. Those days are in the dust.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »
Kentucky.

For residents a Sportsman's License is $90 to hunt everything.

Nonresidents pay $190 for Deer Permits and Hunting License. Allows 2 deer.

In 6 years I could hunt for $5 in KY at 65 years. I won't take that discount though. I know what the money goes for and there is no better cause in Government than license fees.

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
77.50 for me to hunt in Maryland
I love Bow Hunting

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©