3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NEW SPONSOR - Wild Things  (Read 1228 times)

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NEW SPONSOR - Wild Things
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
Hello Friends,
Got another 9 1/2 inches of rain at Wild Things between Thursday night and Monday morning.  Several of the main roads have washed out this time.  I've decided on one block for tree and ground blinds which is comprised of 630 acres from the highway to the Savannah River.  I'm continuing with bulldozer and backhoe work opening stalking lanes and new food plots. The work on the land has been slow and challenging because of all the rain but it continues on the more well drained areas.  The camp work is progressing nicely but has also been slowed by the torrential rains. However;  Wild Things will be ready when you are!  
One very cool sighting today was a large and old alligator sunning on the main road in the swamp.  He was about 11 1/2 feet long and heavy bodied. I always carry binoculars and marked specific spots on the ground for his nose tip and tail end so I could measure accurately.  
It's been good chatting with those of you who have called or written to book hunts or ask questions. Thank you. Please call or write anytime. I'm always happy to talk and always open for suggestions and advice on how to improve.
Andrew

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
I Think I JUST saw a Picture that is Reeeeally Close to Heaven!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Chuck Janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
This looks and sounds a great place for father and sons to spend some quality time together,
Thanks for being a sponsor.
Life at it's Longest is Short

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
My wife and I just returned from our SC vacation, part of which was a visit with Andrew and a tour of Wild Things. I have been to the property several times hunting with Ray but had never seen the new lodge and hunting area.

Carpenters were busy constructing the bunkhouse and plans for work on the main house are next. It will be a great place to stay for a hunt and a 100% improvement from the old camp.

Andrew took us out in his truck and soon we were locked in 4x4 as we slipped and slid on the main roads. They have had historic amounts of rain this year. At one point we were hopelessly stuck in a roadside ditch with water up to the floor. Good thing one of the workers had a mighty Ford to pull us out. (a Ford would have never got stuck in the first place!) The hogs didn't seem to have much trouble, we saw three cross the road right at about the same spot we got stuck.

The new hunting area looks promising with land clearing and new food plots in the works. Some of the food plots looked like bombs went off with huge rooted up spots. Fruit trees are planted here and there for the hogs and deer. A real effort is being made to attract and hold game animals. It all looked good to me!

We couldn't get into the swamp due to high water. We got down the main swamp road as far as possible then sneaked quietly toward where the culvert goes under the road. There, on the only bit of dry road layed a 12' aligator! We watched from a distance with binocs until it had enough of our intrusion and slid off into the water. Way cool!!!!!!

After lunch at Lester's BBQ we said our goodbyes and headed up the coast to Myrtle Beach. What a great time we had with our friend Andrew. He's a true southern gentleman and will be a good host and guide for the hunts.

The new camp and all the improvements will certainly make for a great hunting experience. I can't wait 'til our hunt in late winter.

Dave
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline mjh

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the updates, a little googling and I know how to get there more or less, told my sister she could be expecting me sooner or later with bow in hand, told her I'd bring her a little bbq supplies in return///

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
Good stuff Andrew....let me know what your 'neighbor' says.  Would like to put something together if possible...if not that large, which I would rather, then maybe two smaller ones.

Take care,

Terry
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
Just got word on two open spots available for the "Wild Thangs at Wild Things" epic hunt scheduled for Dec. 6th-8th (arrive in Camp on Thursday 12/05 evening).  Check out Wild Thangs thread, or PM me or Andrew if interested!

Bob C
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
I'm still in Bob!! See you then if not before  :)
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Countin' on it Bud!  Gonna be a great adventure!
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Welcome and thank you for sponsoring.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Red Beastmaster:
My wife and I just returned from our SC vacation, part of which was a visit with Andrew and a tour of Wild Things. I have been to the property several times hunting with Ray but had never seen the new lodge and hunting area.

Carpenters were busy constructing the bunkhouse and plans for work on the main house are next. It will be a great place to stay for a hunt and a 100% improvement from the old camp.

Andrew took us out in his truck and soon we were locked in 4x4 as we slipped and slid on the main roads. They have had historic amounts of rain this year. At one point we were hopelessly stuck in a roadside ditch with water up to the floor. Good thing one of the workers had a mighty Ford to pull us out. (a Ford would have never got stuck in the first place!) The hogs didn't seem to have much trouble, we saw three cross the road right at about the same spot we got stuck.

The new hunting area looks promising with land clearing and new food plots in the works. Some of the food plots looked like bombs went off with huge rooted up spots. Fruit trees are planted here and there for the hogs and deer. A real effort is being made to attract and hold game animals. It all looked good to me!

We couldn't get into the swamp due to high water. We got down the main swamp road as far as possible then sneaked quietly toward where the culvert goes under the road. There, on the only bit of dry road layed a 12' aligator! We watched from a distance with binocs until it had enough of our intrusion and slid off into the water. Way cool!!!!!!

After lunch at Lester's BBQ we said our goodbyes and headed up the coast to Myrtle Beach. What a great time we had with our friend Andrew. He's a true southern gentleman and will be a good host and guide for the hunts.

The new camp and all the improvements will certainly make for a great hunting experience. I can't wait 'til our hunt in late winter.

Dave
Thanks for the update Dave! Sounds like about as good of a visit as can be had without having a bow in your hand!
Thom

Offline WhiteBeard121

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Good Stuff! Counting down the days...,

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Welcome from Montana.
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
It's a bit of a rainy day here in Michigan so I updated the website to reflect the current openings. Here is the updated  schedule   as of today.
Thom

Offline TrueBlue

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
Update on Wild Things near Estill South Carolina:
Thank you all for the kind notes and especially thank you to Dave and Sue Ann for stopping by on their way to the Beach.  
After over two months of work with a backhoe and bulldozer, the field and road work is just about complete.  Fields are planted in Sorghum, soybeans, and browntop millet.  I've added almost thirty acres of fields and a couple of miles of new roads.  Measured roads on the property is now over thirty miles with many more miles of trails, logging roads, etc.  
Some delays have occurred because of the nearly 100 inches of rain that we've had since January.  Construction on the cabin will be completed around mid October with our first hunts commencing in early November.  The swamp waters have just receded and we're working overtime to repair roads and get all the fields planted.  Just in the last two days, about eighty tons of road fill has been brought in for repairs.
Everything is looking great with plenty of animals.  I hope to have about twenty five ladder stands in place on an isolated section of the property(about 700 acres) that will be off limits to stalking, only stand hunting.
Will have several updates on the website by next week.  Gracious thanks to Thom Jorgenson,  Webmaster Extraordinaire, for his patience with me and his wonderful abilities.
Thank all of you who booked and to those of you who are considering booking.
Andrew

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
I was just informed that, unfortunately, one of the individuals committed to the Dec. 5-8th Wild Things hunt has had to back out.

There are two spots open for this weekend of fun and camaraderie with 6 other TG members from Illinois to NC.

Contact Andrew or myself with questions!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©