3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I can't wait till fall!!!  (Read 458 times)

Offline archeryx

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I can't wait till fall!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by mountain lion:
When I walked out the door this morning the cool air that hit my face got me thinking of fall.  It's my favorite time of year, I love the colors and the cool bite in the air. The falling leaves and the sound of the wind blowing through the dry corn. I love the smells and the sounds, the harvesting of the crops, and setting in the treestand watching the squirrels doing their own little harvest. It's the time when a heavy coat isn't needed but a sweatshirt or a heavy wool shirt is welcome, It's a very magical and special time of year for me. Dove season starts the first of September here, and that usually helps pass the time till I get to go out with bow in hand, all geared up and ready for the great pursuit of the wonderful whitetails through the magical fall woods!!!
Just pulled my first card the other day, Juan.  Some decent deer in daylight.  No records, but definite targets for sure!

Offline habujohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 11:11:00 PM »
I have a maple tree turning colors already and this morning it was 40 degrees here in the Yooper.  Don't know if we will get many of our tomatoes this year with this cool weather.  Heading west for Elk in early Sept.  
John
habujohn

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
I know what you mean brother.  I still get as excited as I did when I started bowhunting back when I was a kid.
When fall is approaching, I can barely concentrate on anything else.  I guess you could say I am "consumed" with not necessarily bowhunting, but fall in general... a time of year when the heat and humidity diminishes, the air is cool and crisp, and man is rewarded with the fruits of his labor by harvesting crops.  Love it!
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 03:19:00 AM »
Going calling in the am. Deer season is open here in places.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
Its like a 100 degrees here...Normal day in August. If you aint sweating...you aint hunting . RC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©