3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help with final tuning  (Read 142 times)

Offline JApple

• Trad Bowhunter
Help with final tuning
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
I am shooting a Sarrels 3 piece takedown,  50#@28".  I pull 30" so shoot right at 56".  I'm bareshafting 70-75 lb cedars and some 75-80 cedars.  I would like to shoot 140 grizzlies but right now using 125 field tips.  It seems the 70-75's cut at 31 fly pretty well, show a a little weak but fly pretty straight.  With broadheads cut down to 30.5"  they fly well.  Does the 70-75 spine seem about right from prior experience? I know everyone is different but I believe I'm on the right track. I have tried paper tuning but just cant get it to show anything but knock high on the paper!  Thanks for any input.  I was hoping someone with about my draw length,etc could weigh in.  Thanks again,
J

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with final tuning
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
You may get lots of opinions and they will all be based on how other people's form...you are the only one who can tell what will work with your form...sounds like you are doing fine...just trust what you are seeing...nock high would seem to be indicating you need to lower your nock point unless you think they might be bouncing off the shelf...not showing any side to side tearing through paper tells you that spine is bang on...that is why we paper tune

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline SAVIOUR68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
JApple I shoot a Sarrles Sierra  piece longbow which is 64" 51@28 and draw slightly over that. That being said a 70/75 @29.5inchs with a 125gr point is what I shot, I would think with your draw the 75/80 would be a better selection for you IMO.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
Agree with above post. I would think the 75/80# woudl be a better choice and make them 31"s bop. 30.5"s and a 30" draw is not good medicine as it leaves very little for bh clearance on your fingers. I have to leave my arrows all at least 1" longer for BH clearance. Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©