3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cyber Stalking DropBomb  (Read 1522 times)

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cyber Stalking DropBomb
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
Richard Lopez is now posting that he has nothing to do with any threats made on his website by his website administrator, Jim Raine.

Offline charles m

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
So, we are talking about Rich 'Droptine' Lopez and Jim Raine.

Any chance there would be a file on the crime from the 90's?

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
I'm truly sorry you guys have to deal with garbage such as this.  For all you do in this sport and all the entertainment you provide... this is such an uncalled for circumstance.

The world seems to be getting nuttier by the day.

I can't imagine someone who is "truly traditional" would have his heart in a place like that.

Keep your chin(s) up and your wits about you.  Looks like you are covering the bases.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline ermont

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
I had no idea! Holy crap. All this over Traditional Archery?

Call the police and get this moron out of your life.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
Posted this in the trad collecting forum but it looks like evidence is being preserved. Good.

"Hopefully all the threads/posts containing threats have been saved somewhere and police are involved.

I would also ask your neighbors, those whom you trust, to help watch out for your family and home while you're away. I have a neighbor that will confront anyone at my home he hasn't seen before. And he's armed when he does. That's a good thing.

I hope all can be resolved peacefully."
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline charles m

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by ermont:
I had no idea! Holy crap. All this over Traditional Archery?

Call the police and get this moron out of your life.
Ermont, its moronS, there's a little gang of them.

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Izzy is right. File a Police report.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Sad stuff here. A man of character would step up, apologize...admit he got carried away and end this BS.  Sorry you guys are going through this.  

Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
Albert Einstein

:D   I would however like to be standing close by when "what's his name" tries to follow through with his threats!!     :saywhat:         :mad:    
    :D    

Hope this ends quickly and honorably!!
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Terry, I don't think very many of us had any idea what was going on.

For what it's worth, I had a run-in with a neighbor. He called the police to report I was shooting a bow and arrow in the city limits. I was unaware until the police showed up that it was even prohibited. The officer was a friend of mine and it went no farther. It is legal to shoot at a range approved by the police chief and the only requirement is that the range "provide reasonable assurance that an arrow which misses the target will not escape onto a neighbor's property". I applied and was promptly turned down because the neighbor had complained. They did give me permission to shoot inside my shop with the doors closed and locked. One hot day when I wanted to shoot after running my forge, I opened the double doors at the end of the shop and stepped 8' outside, shooting back inside. He started shooting rocks at me with a slingshot. He then called the police again and they said that was my last warning and a further occurrence would bring a citation for violating the ordinance.

Purpose of this post? It would appear to me that whoever gets in the first official complaint probably has the advantage in any future actions. I would make an official stalking/harassment complaint just to have it on the record. That may turn out to be more important than being the one on "the high moral ground".

Good luck to all of you, thanks for your great web site and stay safe.

Ron
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
Speaking as a Federal LEO, file a complaint and prosecute to the fullest. Your family deserves no less. This guy is obviously unstable and needs to be delt with by law enforcement. Bad things can happen.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
File a restraining order and put a cap in his you know what if he shows up!  

OOOOOPS, am I acting like a crazy Cajun again!

Where I come from, a man better NEVER take a picture of another guy's wife or kids!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
All I can say is thank you to those who keep this site up and running. I never had any clue how ridiculous and hostile things could get out there. Wow... if people don't like this site, there are tons of other ones they could go visit. Thanks again and as soon as I get paid this Friday, my 2013 contribution to the site is being sent to support this community. Anything else I can do to help, please feel free to ask.

God bless and keep safe,
-Charlie

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
Its Menacing by Stalking in Ohio 2903.211 of The Ohio Revised Code. 6 months in jail $1000.00 fine. Maryland has to have a similar ordinance or law.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Atleast file a police report with your local Dept.

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by awbowman:

Where I come from, a man better NEVER take a picture of another guy's wife or kids!
:readit:    :readit:  The Basin is a desolate place, with LOTS of gators   :laughing:

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bladepeek:
Terry, I don't think very many of us had any idea what was going on.

For what it's worth, I had a run-in with a neighbor. He called the police to report I was shooting a bow and arrow in the city limits. I was unaware until the police showed up that it was even prohibited. The officer was a friend of mine and it went no farther. It is legal to shoot at a range approved by the police chief and the only requirement is that the range "provide reasonable assurance that an arrow which misses the target will not escape onto a neighbor's property". I applied and was promptly turned down because the neighbor had complained. They did give me permission to shoot inside my shop with the doors closed and locked. One hot day when I wanted to shoot after running my forge, I opened the double doors at the end of the shop and stepped 8' outside, shooting back inside. He started shooting rocks at me with a slingshot. He then called the police again and they said that was my last warning and a further occurrence would bring a citation for violating the ordinance.

Purpose of this post? It would appear to me that whoever gets in the first official complaint probably has the advantage in any future actions. I would make an official stalking/harassment complaint just to have it on the record. That may turn out to be more important than being the one on "the high moral ground".

Good luck to all of you, thanks for your great web site and stay safe.

Ron
Unbelievable....he was the one assualting you with a sling shot and you get in trouble...great world we live in.

I think the above experience speaks volumes to the wisdom in getting the complaint filed and ON RECORD ASAP!

Good sound advise.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline arrowlauncherdj

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
Heck I guess I have too much south Alabama in me, but I'd have a hard time controlling my anger if someone threatened my family. Having said that,  be careful you don't let them provoke you to anger if you see the dude bc guys like this will play your anger up and get you in trouble.

Dave

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by KOOK68:

Originally posted by awbowman:

:readit:          :readit:     The Basin is a desolate place, with LOTS of gators      :laughing:    [/b]
You know it Kook!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline LittleBen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
I would file a report with the DA's office, the sheriff's department, Police, and anyone else you can get to listen.

I'd talk to your neighbors, and have THEM file reports if he's lurking around and they see him. Trust me, any man who finds some random nutcase taking photos of children in a cul-de-sac is gonna want him OUT! Police don't take kindly to grown men obsessing over children, and I doub't this guy is going to say
"No officer I'm not taking photos of little children, I'm just trying to harass Tony W"

I think you get my point. Don;t lie, just let the circumstances work in your favor by not saying too much and letting the scenario speak for itself.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
Where's Wyatt Earp when you need him
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB