3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lone Wolf Assassin Stand  (Read 418 times)

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
Lone Wolf Assassin Stand
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
Has anyone seen or purchased one.  Looks like a great stand concept but as usual it's a Lone Wolf product and not cheap.

Assassin
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Online Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lone Wolf Assassin Stand
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
Dang, for that much money they should provide someone to hang the thing for you.

I have one of the standard hang ons and they are nice.  I also use the climbing sticks.  I guess if you use the thing for the next 10 or 15 years, it's pretty reasonable.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
That is the only thing bout that stand EXPENSIVE for what ya get?

It is just a foot stand and it is 220$$$????? needs be some glod lace in there somewhere. LOL

Love to have one but not for that price, I did buy their climber though and forked out the money for it, BUT it is a whole stand and I think worth every penny as climbers go.

Later

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Good way to look at it Crash (how did ya get the nickname?)

J
Always be stubborn.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
maybe it was a type-O and the price should have been $119. and not $219.
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
No $219.00 is right.  I need to check it out in person.

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
Yep 220.00   :scared:   - I have no doubt it would be a great tool, In my redneck logic half a stand = half the cost of a stand????

I can ALMOST buy 3 Loc-on LEMs for that price and they have a seat!! GOTTA love the old loc-on. 80 bucks er dollars   :D   !

J
Always be stubborn.

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
i saw it at the madison, wis. white tail classic,  MAN, i got more metal in my right hip than it took to make that thang.
 now i have one of there hang on so i  ant knocking no body , but man that thing is little   :scared:

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
Though still expensive- I do think it comes with a treesuit type sling.  I think the idea is to hang and have a place to set your feet.  I will be suprised to see it be productive.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Too much money and not enough capacity.....
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
I'd rather use my rock climbing harness and a 2x6 wedged in a notch of a limb.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Talondale:
What are you using for rock climbing?  I looked at tree climbing gear but by the time you add things up the cost is higher than the assassin and I believe the assassin harness is much better suited for hunting.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »
If you already have the rock gear? I could snag an old class 3 harness from the fire station when we change them out.

Actually a good idea!

j
Always be stubborn.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
I have not seen where they come with the tree suit/harness?? I think that assassin is just the assassin?
Always be stubborn.

Offline Brian Gillispie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
Hey all,

This stand looks kinda niffty.  I have some miss givings though.  This is supposed to be the ultimate hike in and set up system.  Dont you have to also hike in your climbing stiks, screw in hand holds and all that other stuff?

Brian Gillispie
Spinning faster round the pole. Soon to old from chasing gold. Young hands wrinkle, hearts to stone. Dust to dust and ashes cold

Offline BobinTN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
I am currently hunting out of a similar contraption.  
I am using a Tree Suit harness.

For my feet I am using an old lone wolf v-bar seat.

I use the v-bar seat on my feet and climb the tree like the old baker stands (bear hugging the tree), but since the seat weighs almost nothing (5 lbs) it is a breeze going up and down.

It may not be the safest way, but it is working for me.
Bob Brundage
Clarksville, TN

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by J-dog:
I have not seen where they come with the tree suit/harness?? I think that assassin is just the assassin?
I called LW to verify the harness as shown on the website comes with the "base".  They said yes it's a package base and harness.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Brian Gillispie:
Hey all,

This stand looks kinda niffty.  I have some miss givings though.  This is supposed to be the ultimate hike in and set up system.  Dont you have to also hike in your climbing stiks, screw in hand holds and all that other stuff?

Brian Gillispie
Brian...All you need extra is the steps and they don't weigh much at all.  The whole setup can easily fit into a small backpack.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by MikeC:

Originally posted by Talondale:
What are you using for rock climbing?  I looked at tree climbing gear but by the time you add things up the cost is higher than the assassin and I believe the assassin harness is much better suited for hunting. [/b]
I use something like this:
 http://www.bdel.com/gear/focus_al.php

Models change almost yearly but it's a basic sport harness with adjustable leg straps so that when I where bulkier clothes I can loosen it.  Most models are around $60 and a beener is another $18 and I then use a loop of about 15' of static climbing rope for tying off.  Should be just under $100.  I've actually just used it like the tree suit but I get tired of standing all that long.  It's ok for special situations but I prefer a stand and just using it as my safety harness.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
Jesse and others- I understand from another climber/rescuer/bowhunter that this type of harness you describe is a FAR better application for us as bowhunter/treestanders.  The current harness the treestand industry uses (and we have all accepted as correct) is far more influenced by liability than accurate function.  This rescue/hunter I spoke with firmly believes that the harness we use for treestands-hanging from the back- makes no sense.  He urged me to use a climber harness with the beener and a FRONT tie off system.  If one falls he/she can easily lower them self down and not hang suspended.

Jesse- you sound in the "know"- what say you?
(perhaps that discussion should be another thread-espeically in light of the safety POLL taken)

Thanks
Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©