3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We stock parts for those........  (Read 905 times)

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We stock parts for those........
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Beautiful!!!  I would have had a little fun at his expense also.    :biglaugh:
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
Lol, sometimes it's just too hard to resist.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Meathook 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
What is the old saying.Better to keep you're mouth shut and be thought a fool,than to open it and remove all doubt.LOL

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
Well Done Paul!!   :thumbsup:  

Eric

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
A wise man admits not knowing and then goes in search of answers.
Had he admitted to not knowing and asked questions, I would have been more than glad to share any knowledge that I have, but by trying to come across as all knowing, he  opened a door that one such as I just couldnt help but enter.   :banghead:

Online BowDiddle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
I would have asked him if he had any cam modules in stock for my Hill. When he came back and said no, I would have asked him to order me some, and gave him my number to call when he got them in.

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 12:51:00 AM »
Awesome   :clapper:  Would love to have been a fly on yhe wall.
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline shag08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »
Most "Pro Shops" are a joke.  My wife bought me a Hoyt Dorado for our first wedding anniversary from the pro shop here local. That was my reintroduction to traditional archery.  I was so freaking excited about having that bow. I just fell in love with it.

The "Pro Shop" had it all set up for me when she brought it home. They said, "Whatever he does, don't let him twist at the string." Well I didn't know any better so I took them at their word because the were supposed to be the pros.

I shot that damn thing the way they had it set up for two years! I couldn't hit a damn thing with it. I made the 45 minute drive to them many times to try to do something different with it. They said it just is what it is. They had the nerve to tell me that I should just buy a compound and be done with my "playing around."

At the time, I had two compounds that were nicer than anything they had in their inventory. I didn't want or need another damn compound. I shot that recurve poorly, every single day, POORLY, because I was dedicated to what I wanted to do.

All I can say now is thank The Lord above for this site and others like it.  If it hadn't been for Google searches and Traditional Archery sites I would have never known any different.  I was ready to quit and just be done with it all because of the way the "Pro Shop" had me set up. Call me a slow learner I guess...I should have searched for info long before I did.

Thanks to everybody here. If it hadn't been for yall and the search function here, I would have missed out on one of the most enjoyable things I've ever had the pleasure of trying.  Its not only a part of my life now...Its a way of life.

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
I teach archery in the local shop here in town and sometimes help out with sales. The owner sends most of the trad customers my way. I try to set them up right and always include three free lessions if they buy from us. I'll pretty much teach all types but the majority of my students are learning traditional.

I try to catch new folks before they spend alot of money on things they don"t need and get them set up right to start. Many times they are shopping for the best price and end up on fly bay or the big box stores.

They then go buy gear at the local Di//s Sporting Goods or the "pro shop" in the next town. Both places don't have a clue what they are selling.

By the time I see them they are frustrated and become more so when they find out the "PRO's have sold them the wrong stuff or just slapped on a nock point and they have to start over or have their bows adjusted.Then they get upset and don't understand why I won't adjust their equiptment for free.

I point out that if they buy from the store I teach at. We take care of our customers and will adjust and tweek till the bow is shooting well. If they buy elsewhere and want me to "fix it" the going shop price is $45.00 an hour with a one hour minimum
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline DawgDoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
"The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignornance." - Ben Franklin

Bet he can can get you some real good expandable broadheads for that Hill and paper tune it for you too. Also don't forget you need to get that bow through the chrono after they get you some new super light arrows!

I'm sure all us trad guys have had an experience such as this. My favorite is when someone tells me you can't kill a deer with a recurve or longbow. Guess they don't know that traditional equipment pre-dates recorded history???

Offline jsparky93

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
This sounds like a pro shop in my area!

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 02:36:00 PM »
I fell and broke a tip on my longbow once.  I wish I would have known about a pro-shop that carried parts for them, would not have had to rework it to make it shoot again.

Offline shirikahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
Only trad archers understand trad archer needs.  String gun fanatics have no clue...I learned this as a boy

Offline Robert Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
don't ya just love it.

Offline darin putman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
That's  funny Moleman!!
Osage selfbow and Surewood shafts

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
I don't go to a dentist to ask him about my car.
Don't see the point in wasting my time and thinking it's fun.

Offline kevinbarry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 01:40:00 AM »
This reminds me of a saying:It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.
Good enough is not and close enough never is

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
That's hilarious!!  I like the part where your "people skills really start to decline".  Great story!!
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Offline CRS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
Awesome story, great laugh for a Saturday AM.
Inquiring minds.......

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©