3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: In Praise of The Nocking Point  (Read 677 times)

Offline KSCATTRAPR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: In Praise of The Nocking Point
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Thats where I get all my stuff...Great people and great service.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Well, I just got off the phone with Mike and, yes, it is true. He's been doing this for 17 years. Hard to believe that it's been that long since I first met him, and spent some money, down at McAlester.
He'll keep running it till/thru November and then the new owner takes over.
Oh, and it's Sand Springs Oklahoma BTW...Lot further than the 15 miles from my gate now.  :(

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
The Nocking Point is good folks, for sure!

Bisch

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Like everyone else said, they're great folks to do business with or visit with at an event. Very competitive pricing & great shipping.

Grey,
Same thing happened with me. Mike didn't have my phone number tho. I saw him a few months later & he told me he wasn't worried about it. Said he knew he would see me down the road sometime. You just can't beat those people!
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Big Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
Talked to Mike for the first time Wednesday morning.  My order just arrived at my door.  This was the first time in years I had used a phone instead of a computer to place an order.  Sad to hear he's hanging it up.  Hopefully the level of service remains the same.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Sad to hear Mike is hanging it up. Always enjoyed talking and visiting with him at events. He's been  coming to our UBM banquet  longer than I can remember.  It was always pretty nice to be able to email an order to them, have it show up in a day of two with an invoice. and then I just send a check. Sometimes I would have Mike sell a bow for me and just take merchandise in return. Gonna miss them.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
Super folks!  I wish them all the best in retirement!!!!

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
I always stop in to see him and the late great Boots when I am in KS.  I always drop a couple hundred bucks and I don't need anything.  I just like Mike!!  LOL!  I will see him this OCT and NOV.  Maybe I can talk him out of it:(

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Just made an order, he will be there till November, the new guy will be in Oklahoma.

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
I'm going to miss hanging out in his shop.  It was a fun place to soak up the smell of cedar shafts, leather goods, and some feathers with mothballs to protect them.  That is certainly the quintessential smell of a traditional archery shop.  Mike is the best and I hope he can do a lot more hunting after he is done with the shop.
All good things must come to an end but I will miss heading over the Winchester even if it did cost me a hundred buck or more every time.
Here's to you Mike!

CK
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
My name is Terry Lightle,I am the one taking over The Nocking Point.Mike and I have been friends for many years.I was flattered that Mike would turn the Nocking Point over to me and my wife Sheila.Mike has built the reputation of the very best customer service.We will do everything possible to continue this service that Mike worked so hard to insure.I believe if it aint broke dont fix it.We will have a catalog like Mike had coming out sometime in Nov.,along with a website.Mike ran this business for many years and has customers all over the country,which I hope will give us the chance to prove ourselves.We will have shoots that we plan to attend on our website in Nov.Last but not least I would like to thank Mike and Brenda for trusting me with the Nocking Point name that they worked so hard to build.Good luck and best wishes to them in their retirement.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Terry, you've got some big boots to fill but I'm looking forward to working with you for my archery needs.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline T. W. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
Folks, let me add that Terry w/ "The Nocking Point" will be attending the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling, here in Alabama, February 21st, 22nd & 23rd, 2014.  It will be the 5th Annual and it's held at Tannehill Historical State Park.

This event is hosted by the Allsouth Archery Association & Compton Traditional Bowhunters.

I truly believe Terry & The Nocking Point will be a welcome addition with many other Vendors that come to this event.

Terry Harris

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »
Looking forward to getting to Alabama to meet people and making some new friends.Thanks Terry for making Sheila and I welcome in Tannehill.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
:clapper:    Congratulations Mike! I wonder if he will let the guard cat “Boots” retire too.

I’ve gotten a little spoiled and I’ll truly miss having a traditional archery shop so close to home and as an extra bonus having my phone orders show up the very next day was a real luxury.

I loved going over there a looking through his little library of books. It is fun to go through his old photo albums and get him to tell the story that goes with the photos in the albums.

I sure hope he keeps his out building setup with his entire traditional bow hunting collection intact. If he does this, my guess is he’ll never be short on guests.

Good luck Zardoz!    :laughing:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 06:59:00 PM »
Boots is gone.  Shot by someone.  I loved that guard cat!

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »
Terry is a great guy with an even better half behind him. Certainly wont be a drop in customer service. I am happy the nocking point will continue to be of service for us.

Offline BoonRoto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
Aggghhhh, Mike really helped me out when I first started shooting trad and continues to help me. It was nice having someone so pleasant and knowledgable right down the road. Thanks for everything Mike!

Offline Coach

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Mike, Thank You for all that you did for the trad community.  I will truly miss you and also doing business with you.  Hope you and Brenda have a great retirement!  Shane

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©