3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bunny Hunt!! (JLMBH 2014)) .....video page 33!!!  (Read 10072 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bunny Hunt!! (JLMBH 2014)) .....video page 33!!!
« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Some strange tales, almost unbelievable unless you've been there before. Think I may have seen tears in the eyes of some grown men. I know for certain I heard some men screaming as though they were girls.

Any screaming you fellas thought you heard coming from me was a rabbit call and not because of the thorns that left me pant less by days end.   :goldtooth:

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »
:campfire:
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ScottV_7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »

Last bunny of the day and my girlfriend's first bow kill! About 10 seconds before a barrage of arrows were launched at him I had actually tackled the poor doomed bunny. Larry connected with a leg shot and then Val anchored him with a shot to the spine.

As usual some great memories were made and although it was a brutal hunt due to the amount of snow, it was a blast. A big thanks to Shawn and Cindy for their hospitality, and thanks to all who braved the snow to raise some money for the kids.
JK Traditions Kanati 48#@28"  
Fedora 560 52" 44#@26"

"Skin that one pilgrim, and I'll bring ya another!"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »
BeforeI I start my BSing and lies Id like to give a big thanks Terry for letting us keep the thread going here, means a lot pal.

As always an awesome time with awesome folks who I wish all live just up the road but only get to see once in a while.

This year was tough but some of us connected on bunnies. Some by hand some by arrow and some used their bow without arrows.   :goldtooth:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »
   Here we are starting out. Much tougher conditions than the pictures portray. Some drifts along the field edges were hip deep, for real!!!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
 These little fellas (Ishiwannabes) son and nephew were hard charging hunting fools. Unbelievable drive in these two cats. They hunted from beginning to end and seemed to relish it all.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Just the other side of this bush are three grown men. This was the more open country. The rest was so thick it was more of an act of self destruction to hunt through it. Shawn, David , Kevin , Jamie and Charlie were in the thick with me, sometimes at a few feet away and all i could do was hear them but not see em.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Well... It looks like I "Danced" up a storm!!!!! LMAO

Looks like you folks had a GREAT TIME!!!!! Wish we could have been there.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2014, 07:03:00 PM »
Hope strikes one Rabit one Arrow congratulations to all those who got rabbets sorry couldn't be there for the whole weekend but had a blast today   :clapper:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #430 on: February 16, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
First bunny down was by killed by Shawn as he and I were driving to the kids and other watchers on the school house push. About a 15 yard sitting bunny that thought he had a good hiding place among the roses.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #431 on: February 16, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
Within minutes of that I found a good looking rose bush turned igloo by the snow with a lot of wabbit tracks leading to and from it. A few jumps on it and a big ol buck rabbit came charging out but ducked back in when he saw me. I was persistent and finally busted him out. As he was running at about 15 yards out back and left of me I swung on him and shot him with an ash arrow. Bunny number 3 for me with that arrow but it is now lost to the roses.   :mad:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #432 on: February 16, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »
Here is my bunny with my official game bearers. Gotta love it when your not wearing a game vest.    

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #433 on: February 16, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Great times.  My hips were in agony by mid-day but I wasn't going to let youngsters and girls both outshoot AND out pace me!  

Like the Klondike Trail or the march back from Cho Sin Reservior.

Shawn would place us in tangles so thick the rabbits avoided them and yell "Spread out you pansys" . . . or other less floral things.  

That's man's a human flail mower.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »
Great picture Izzy wish I could've been there for you guys on Saturday good to see the boys are both adit with you
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
With all the kids hunting I was happy to hear all the high-pitched screaming and shreaking . . . until I realized that was Izzy.    :thumbsup:    He says it was the rabbit - but that bunny had passed on earlier.    ;)  

Here's Charlie Janssen on watch - and I think we might have found one of your arrows this morning.  

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
If you look close at this picture you can see torn flesh and yet smiles.  

Obviously shock from fatigue and blood loss.  There were some calories burned and severe brush busted.

A first for me - I had stomped my way into a big honeysuckle bush (which takes some effort even without two feet of snow) and Mike said "he's right under your feet!  All I saw was snow, but I un-nocked my arrow and holding it I poked the only spot a bunny could be - and the bunny took off (to be rolled four feet later).  I took coup on a bunny!  Or maybe "catch-and-release"?

We were having to drag the bunnies out of their snow tunnels.  They'd hold until you stepped on them.

My bunk mate.  A little young and obviously traumatized by my heavy petting actions during the night.  Sorry Shawn - suggest you get Maybe in for some counseling right away.  

Good food.  Great company. 17 feet of snow up hill in every direction and worth every minute.  Thanks Shawn!!!

And it was great to meet another group of new friends from TradGang and re-connect with some of the crew I knew.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #437 on: February 16, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
I just got home......Tom it was the toughest hunt at Shawn's I have ever been on......deep, hard snow with bunnies burrowed deep and holding tight.....I'll get a couple of pics and stories up later.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #438 on: February 16, 2014, 09:57:00 PM »
And a special thanks to Cindy for letting a mob of messy bowhunters invade her home.  The coffee and ibuprofen was MUCH appreciated.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #439 on: February 16, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
With all the kids hunting I was happy to hear all the high-pitched screaming and shreaking . . . until I realized that was Izzy.      :readit:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©