3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: zwickey users...which one do you like best?  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Wagstaff

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: zwickey users...which one do you like best?
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
I am absolutely confident in Zwickey Delta 2 Blade Heads.  I find them Very Easy to get VERY Sharp, Hold an edge well, and these things are Tough!  

If you install them correctly, making sure they "spin" perfectly true, they will fly true as well.

I also enjoy the "Campfire Ritual" of using a good file, and a quality steel to get them razor sharp..

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Wow!  I'm surprised at the results.  We are at 155 pollsters and 77% favor a 2 blade.  The Delta (both 2 and 4 blade) is favored by nearly half of us (48%) over the Eskimo 31%(2 and 4 blade).  Anybody else surprised?  I also would have thought the 4-blades would have had a bigger following.  Is it because the 2-blades are more trad, easier to sharpen, penetrate better or that the 4-blades don't do any "better" than the 2-blade models?  Maybe another poll is needed...    :rolleyes:
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline wandering monk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
I have been using Zwickeys for almost 40 years...deltas, eskimos 2 & 4 blades...I bought my first 6pack in '75

overall I like the 2 and 4 blade eskimos with my faster shooting recurve...the 4 blade delta only with my longbow.. I am no expert, but the slower longbows and recurves I have hunted with seem to shoot deltas better...the faster bows like the two or 4 blade eskimos the best...

the deltas seemed to fly a bit wild once I hit the 185-190 fps range, but with my longbows they did awesome...2 or 4...
ted/wandering monk
public land pope & young
public water 20"er

Online 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
I've tried Delta's in the past but seemed to always get a flier once in a while. The No Mercy's don't give me any problems and group with my Eskimos and Howard Hill heads. So the NM gets my vote.

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 12:17:00 AM »
We're at 168.  Lets go up one more time.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
I voted strictly two blade as I find them much easier to sharpen.  I really like the no mercy, but don't think there enough better then the eskimo to warrant the extra they usually cost.  Hard to beat a 6 pack of Eskimo for $20.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©