3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Games to help practice.  (Read 281 times)

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Games to help practice.
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
I was out shooting this evening and having fun. My daughter had dug up a laser pointer somewhere and was playing around with it. I had her sit down next to me and put the dot on the target and I would try to nail it. Pretty fun and definitely gave me a spot to aim at!  She had a blast moving it around trying to "trick" me.   Tomorrow we wlll do it again and trade spots!!

Anyone have anything like this they do to have fun with the kids or just to keep practice interesting?
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Games to help practice.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
Sounds like fun! My little brother throws tennis balls for me to shoot at.
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »
My kids love popping balloons with their arrows.

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:22:00 AM »
We shoot after dark by putting a a lazer pointer red dot amied at the middle of a 3d deer target and shoot at it. then go down range with a flashlight and see how we did. also put a glow stick in a 20oz coke bottle and shot at it at night in the dark with judos. only way to know if you hit it is to see the bottle go flying.
during the day we have shoot at ritz crackers stuck in the top of a downed log. we also hang a rope with a paper clip on the end from a tree branch and hang cheese its from the paperclip and try to hit those. and nothing beats a small car tire with baloon taped in the middle. put a 8 or 10 foot board on a stump or something to elevate one end. then have someone let the tire roll down the board and shoot as it rolls out into the yard (the board ramp makes it much easier on the person rolling as does the smaller tire, big tires are a pain in the butt).  lastly, fluflu arrows and fierflies make for an exciting night. our rule is if he doesnt light up in the immediate area of the shot with in 3 seconds "we got 'em!"...lol

Offline unclewhit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
I do the tennis ball trick, really helps to focus on a small target. Now if I could only find a deer that plays tennis
unclewhit
Bob lee signature series
Schafer Silvertip
Howard Hill "Tembo"

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:11:00 AM »
We take small stuffed animals and scatter them around the yard and in the woods. Shoot at one, go pick up your arrow, then from there pick out another one. Gives you lots of different distances and angles.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Ballons, blow up a bunch and spread them around the yards or woods. Hang them from a branch, use a stick and pin them to the ground. What is nice you can shoot them and break them and put them in your pocket. You can fit 50 broken balloons in your pocket so you leave no mess out in nature. Carry a bunch extra and you have unlimited targets! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
We play that old basketball game of HORSE, with our bows arrows and our target.   Guy closest to bullseye wins and creates the next shot( standing,sitting, kneeling, etc), others get a letter and so the game goes til someone loses! It's a blast and teaches you to shoot from some pretty creative scenarios!!!!
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline maddingo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 05:53:00 PM »
It's to bad they don't play archery golf anymore
It's a DRY HEAT

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
My buddies and I play horse.  The first person will take a shot then the next person has to put an arrow with in 1" of the first shooters arrow.  The more people you have the more fun it is.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
My sons pretend to be super heros "hawkeye" & "green arrow" and using my 3d targets they take out the bad guys.  When they fall short and an arrow skips to hit the target they yell "trick shot!" Found some old clay pigeons in the barn today I'm gonna set them up tomorrow and hang some from branches to change things up a bit.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
Some game my kids and I play

We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
An old soccer ball, fill it with great stuff foam insulation, years of fun.

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©