3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I want to put together a TRAD GANG Hunt...  (Read 1563 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I want to put together a TRAD GANG Hunt...
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
:campfire:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
To me these hunts are primarily social events but a target rich environment adds to the adventure with all of the evening tales to share. Hogs and javies would be ideal.

Offline NC BowBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by smokin joe:
Terry: I wonder if Andrew down at Wildthings might be able to accommodate a special weekend like this. His new set up sleeps 8 and perhaps he could accommodate a few more using campers or tents. He has a lot of land and there are hogs and deer aplenty there. It's probably worth a phone call to him to see if he might be willing to do something special.
Joe
I second that idea.
Would work out great for me.
Christian Bow Hunters of America

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
So...ideal hunt would accommodate ??? 15-20 guys willing to come from all over US?  Would need accommodations for sleeping and eating without each guy having to haul a bunch of gear. Good place to gather and BS, place to shoot bows and BS, place to eat and BS and then decent hunting for that many guys for deer and hogs from sunrise to sunset?  
How many days would you think would be a good plan and about how much per person would be a reasonable target cost??
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »
Watching this too.  I'd love to meet some members.  Hell, I've never even shot with another traditional archer much less hunt.  It would be a blast.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
That sounds pretty good, Skitch.
And guys that might want to come from Canada, too...
Might be more than I could handle, but maybe the cost would be doable with some time to plan.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
All I ever done is sit around a fire with my huntin buddies drinkin beer and sharing stories and a good laugh.  Sure would one day love to get on one these big hunts with all you guys.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
Just wanted to clarify for Danny, but Lincoln Ranch isn't a high fence hunt.

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
Anyone ever tried southern Oklahoma.  I hear a lot if pigs and deer?  Have to find the right place?  Pretty close to TX.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline -snypershot317-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
I'll be watching this. sounds like a good idea. it would be cool to not only shoot but hunt with other trad shooters. once date and place is set may look into if its reasonable...been looking around for just a hunt for me and my wife and some places are EXPENSIVE...its ridiculous. but i will/am definitely interested and will be watching  :)
"Now then, get your weapons-your quiver and bow-and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me." ~Gen 27:3

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." ~Joshua 24:15b

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by SKITCH:
So...ideal hunt would accommodate ??? 15-20 guys willing to come from all over US?  Would need accommodations for sleeping and eating without each guy having to haul a bunch of gear. Good place to gather and BS, place to shoot bows and BS, place to eat and BS and then decent hunting for that many guys for deer and hogs from sunrise to sunset?  
How many days would you think would be a good plan and about how much per person would be a reasonable target cost??
SKITCH, We used to get all that at Solana and then some.

If we can get good deer hunting, with hogs or even Javi's as a bonus for around $1200 for 4-5 days......I think it would make a whole bunch of us that luv'd to get together in the off season very. very happy!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »
What happen to the Solana hunt?    :dunno:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:

Originally posted by SKITCH:
SKITCH, We used to get all that at Solana and then some.

If we can get good deer hunting, with hogs or even Javi's as a bonus for around $1200 for 4-5 days......I think it would make a whole bunch of us that luv'd to get together in the off season very. very happy!!!! [/b]
If we can find something like this, I'd be one of the VERY HAPPY folks!  Watching this close, and searching as I have been since we went away from Solana...  Javies are on my hit list still, so they would be a plus...  Good deer hunting would still be higher on the priority list though...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
What happen to the Solana hunt?     :dunno:  
Same here?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
I really hope someone can find something, but, and I do not want to bust anyone's hopes, I have done a bunch of research on line and on the phone and finding a place that offers everything included with good deer hunting, hog hunting and possibly Javi, and meals for $1200 per person for 15 to 20 people, for 4 to 5 days just does not exist in Texas anymore. The best I could come up with that included food was $2000 to $2500 and up. You can find places that can accommodate, but they do not provide food and most of them only assign the hunters to a pasture and you are on you own as far as blinds and stands are concerned as well as transportation on the ranch. As I said, I will be watching this closely as I really hope we can find a place, does not really have to be Texas, but for Javi it would have to be in a southwestern state.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
How about just hogs and javelinas, 4-5 days?
I would be interested in that. I can hunt deer here at home, but hogs are scarce, and javis no existent.
Looking forward to something like this.   :campfire:
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
Terry, bar was set high at Solano, really enjoyed my trip with the trad gang. I will be watching for information, unfortunately no suggestions for a place from me.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
As cook and guide for Mule Creek Outfitting I can assure you that we have discussed this idea and can accommodate this hunt. The "cook-for-yourself" plan that we offer is what most folks want, but we can set up an all inclusive plan with meals. Our bunkhouse is set up with bunk beds for 12 and we have had up to 20 hunters by setting up cots. Cleaning station set up works well and we provide freezer space for your meat.

There are over 100 square miles on our main lease and we have access to an adjacent ranch with additional area. Hunting is mostly from ground blinds - pit or pop up - and there are hogs and javies. We hunt baited water holes. This is a no fence area with real wild game, so hunting skill is required.

Not sure what the booking situation for 2014 is as that is Jacob and John's responsibility. Our hunts are generally booked by this time. But there is a chance this can happen this season and I will ask the owners about scheduling. For sure it could be set up for 2015 if not this year.

Landscape in the Permian Basin is not as pretty as Solana Ranch, but the game is there and healthy. There is cattle and oil ranching going on, but no other big game hunting.

More after I talk to Mule Creek staff...

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
I would like to hear more about mule creek I've heard good things. I like Texas hogs better than Texas deer hunting anyway to be honest. Never even seen a javie but sure have a desire to.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Mule Creek Outfitting looks very promising for a large group.
I wish we had enough land to host this hunt. We have added to our property since last year but not enough to host that large a group(could handle 8, though).

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©