3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Appreciation for Chad at Champion Custom Strings  (Read 296 times)

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
Appreciation for Chad at Champion Custom Strings
« on: August 18, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
I just wanted to take a minute and publicly offer my appreciation for Chad at Champion Custom Strings.  I've ordered a number of strings from him over the years and the customer service is second to none.  Not to mention he does a bang up job on the strings themselves.  It always feels like a new smoother, faster bow once I've got his string on there.  If you're looking for a new string you can't go wrong with Chad.
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Offline Huntingnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Appreciation for Chad at Champion Custom Strings
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:42:00 PM »
Just got a string from him in the mail yesterday. Definitely first class!

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Is Chad selling strings again?  His web page say's no and last time I ask him he still wasn't taking orders.

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
He makes some great cat whisker silencers as well.  Very quiet string.
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
I checked with him regarding taking orders because the dates on his web page were out of date and I wasn't sure if I should refer people to him or not.
Chad replied that he is taking orders on a limited basis and is gearing back up to full production.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
I am appreciative of Chad as well and have never purchased a string from him.  I, like many others, learned to make strings by watching his video.  I truly appreciate his willingness to share his methods with others and I think it shows a little insight into his character and the type of man that he is.  This was confirmed when I had the pleasure of meeting Chad at Denton Hill this year.  We talked for quite a while about many aspects of traditional archery and he answered every question that I had about string building.  

I know there are many great guys in the traditional archery circle but it just doesn't get any better than Chad.  He is polite, helpful, honest, and humble. He talked with me like we had been friends for 25 years.  I'm a better man for having met him and hope you guys that haven't met him, get the chance someday....You're in for a treat!
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
I had PM'd him with some questions regarding his thoughts on some of the new string materials.  He graciously sent me some samples of 3 different materials to try out.  :thumbsup:

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
Chad has made some great strings for me over the years. He really knows his stuff.   :archer:

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
I have never gotten anything from Chad except really well made strings and great attention to detail, good guy to deal with...   :thumbsup:

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
Chad always chimes in on any thread dealing with string materials, construction, or performance.  His candor and willingness to help us DIY folks is second to none.  

I've only bought a couple of strings from him quite awhile back, but they were top notch.  Glad to hear he's back building strings for folks.
  :thumbsup:
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Darryl Quidort

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
Yep, Chad is one of the good guys.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
I very much appreciate it folks--blame it on my parents for raising me that way!

I just love to make strings and love to share what I've learned.  Most folks, if they had to learn everything the hard way like I have, would have had enough sense to quit long ago.

I don't have any secrets, no "proprietary measures"--if you come by my shop, I'll sit down with you and we'll make a string.  If I can help over the phone or by e-mail, I'll sure try.

I hope to be back in gear making strings before too long.  My mother is back in ICU/Critical Care--she's been in here 3 or 4 times in as many months, so I'm having a hard time keeping any kind of delivery schedule.  I hate to make folks wait, so it's better if I just don't take many orders until Mom gets on her feet.

Thanks again for all the compliments.  I don't feel like I deserve them, but I sure appreciate it!

Chad

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by LBR:
Thanks again for all the compliments.  I don't feel like I deserve them, but I sure appreciate it!
Chad
And he's modest, to boot!    :thumbsup:  

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©