3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoosier Deer Season  (Read 269 times)

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoosier Deer Season
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »
Only 42 days till opening day of Indiana deer season.  I can't wait first year hunting with the stick bow and I am pumped!  It's about that time of year where I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoosier Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Starting to feel the excitement as well Ben and the crisp few mornings here recently have really added to it.    :campfire:

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Don't get too excited guys. This is IN.....I'm sure we still have several 90 degree days left before the opener.....or maybe even after the opener!! Even though it was 42 degrees the other morning up here  :D
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline acollins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
I sure hope I shoot better at real deal than I did at the 3D ones today. Lol. I am really excited. I hunted with my recurve last year and missed 3 times. I have really dedicated myself to practicing and hope for better luck this year.

Offline achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
I took a trip out after tree rats/scouting this morning, got two shots and re-assured myself the old trails were being used. More satisfying than two in the bag with a gun. Yeah, deer season can have about any kind of weather at any time.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by moleman:
Starting to feel the excitement as well Ben and the crisp few mornings here recently have really added to it.     :campfire:  
Well I am currently deployed, sittin here in the sand box so crips mornings aint happening here haha.  I will be home back agian in Indiana 2 weeks before the fun start.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline paoliguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
I did some scouting last week, the mornings are sure feeling like it about time!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©