3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking For...  (Read 257 times)

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
Looking For...
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
I am not really sure where to put this "Ad", so if someone can Help me out, I would appreciate it!  :thumbsup:  
  I am looking for a Good Used "Back Tension Trainer" that I cannot remember the Official Name Of. It kind of ties on your Elbow and wont let you use your Arm for drawing, it Makes you use your Back Muscles. I sure hope this makes sense.  :notworthy:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking For...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »
What you are thinking of may be a "Form Master".  You can buy one or make one.  If you do a search on PowWow and the Shooting Forum you will find more info.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Isn't that put out by Rod Jenkins ?  I think he talked about it in one of the Shooting videos.  Check the Safari Tuff site ?
ChuckC

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
I do not think Rod produces the form master. Do a search and you will find a couple DIY threads on here for making them.I have made a few of them and it is super easy. For like $5 you can get all the stuff and make your own.

Bisch

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
GREAT!!  Thanks Fellas!!  :scared:   I Love It when someone asks Me for  MY  Phone Number!! "Uh...." I dont have the Habit of Calling  ME!!  I do good to remember what  DAY  it is!!   :wavey:
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Well Rats....  :saywhat:   Struck Out on the "How-To" Archives Page. Gonna have to do some more looking! Thanks Again Guys!!  :thumbsup:

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
A reprint from a Bisch Aug 2011 thread here in Trad Gang

"
Here is the link to the one I like the best:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=004717#000000  

Most of the pics have been deleted. Look about halfway down page one to see the finished product and use this pic as a reference. It is very simple.

Parts needed:
1. 34" of 1" wide nylon webbing (REI)
2. Grommet kit(I bought the 3/8" kit and they were too big) (home depot)
3. Parachute cord or rope

Instructions:

Fold the webbing in half and sew the folded over end about 1 1/4" from the end (this forms a small loop at the folded over end).

Pass the two loose ends through the sewn in loop.

Install a grommet in the ends of the two loose ends. One grommet through both pieces of nylon webbing.

Run both ends of the parachute cord through the grommets and knot. Make sure the knots are big enough that they will not slip through the grommets under tension. This way is more adjustable if more than 1 person might be using it. You can also tie it like in the picture in the above referenced thread for a more secure attachment.

You are now done.  "

ChuckC

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »
AWSOME!! Thank You Chuck!! Much Obliged Sir!! One Reason I want one of these Beauties, is I have Terrible "Tennis Elbow" from Years of Swinging Hammers and Cranking Ratchets and such. I figure it HAS to Help!! Thank You Again!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©