3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Acadian Tree Stick 44@26 1/2 loves the Axis Trad's 600 spine full length  (Read 279 times)

Offline Kamu

• Trad Bowhunter
I have always shot arrows in the 500 spine and always felt they were a little stiff even with a lot of weight up front. So I picked up a dozen of the new Axis Trads in a 600 spine. So this is how I tune new arrows I always cut the fletching off of one to use as a bare shaft. I like the quill to be left on the shaft so I can tell if it hangs or bumps on something. Once I get the bare shafts to fly well then I shoot groups with 2 fletch arrows and 2 bare shafts and adjust like they say to do on ACS bow website. But I am aiming the tip of the arrow at a small dot on the target and let the arrows fall into the target where ever they go. But this time I decide to do something a little different. Before I went into my tuning. I set one  full length arrow up with the 75 grain brass inset and a 125 grain tip. I then went out back and shot a little and it flew perfect. So I was like this can't be I always have to fight to get arrows to fly good. So I use the string method to tell if the arrow was drifting to either the right or left and it was perfect. So next step I put a 125 grain Magnus broad head and it flew great. So next step I put a 145 grain Snuffer on the end once again flew great. And when I mean great I mean perfect at extended ranges like 50 yards hitting a pie plate every time. ( yes I was gapping). So that was a lot just to say that my bow is shooting a 485 grain full length axis trad with anywhere from 200 to 225 up front like a lazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AXIS shooters I didn’t use the expoy that came with the arrows. I just got the insert good and warm put a little blue hot melt on the insert and used the tool to set the insert in the arrow. Then I cooled the insert/arrow off with some cold water.
US Army Infantryman
OIF,OEF Vet
Praise be to the Lord, My Rock, Who Trains my hands for war, My fingers for battle.
He is my loving God and my fortress, My strong Mold and My Deliverer, My shield, In whom I take refuge, Who subdues peoples under me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©