3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help Me Out Here  (Read 1153 times)

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Help Me Out Here
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
Help me understand something which I just do not understand.

A few weeks ago I brought 8 great hunt threads to the top. Terry does the same thing often. There have been a few good hunts lately as well. Yet almost no response or interest in a hunt anymore. This has been going for the last year or so.

Its nothing for a debate over this BH or that one to meet 6-8 pages in a day???

There are a few that get some interest but it seems that overall the interest in hunting here on TG is dimishing.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help Me Out Here
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Couldnt agree more. I hardly post anymore because of the same old gear question threads. I do re-look at the hunt threads and really appreciate you pulling them up. I don't post on them because more times than not, I did the first go-round.

This post coupled with Terry's apparent re-engagement and focus on hunting has got my attention!

Thanks!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline r-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »
Ok so lets make this a thred about who prefers the ground to hunt over a tree, I start on the ground and watch deer, learn there paterns and find the best place to hunt that buck, i do chose ground places first , what do you do?
Randy

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
I love to read hunting threads and often run searches to peruse past recaps.

I'm not necessarily inclined to post to each of those threads, though. There are only so many "ataboys" or "nice jobs" that can be posted until it's repetitive (even though it would serve the purpose keeping the thread at the top).

In a scenario where I may have more hands on experience (say broadhead sharpening as an example) I might feel more inclined to post...detailing a method or a preference that works for me...something useful.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:00 PM »
Randy...I usually bring back up old ones that new members might not have seen....and they usually get lots more posts....dozen, half dozen, maybe even two dozen posts...but more are likely reading them....

I also do this during the off season when there's not as many stories....

I will say however....just a couple of weeks ago I did the same thing...and many of them fell off without much posting....one got a few...

So, I don't know.    :dunno:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
I'm of the same mind as TxAg. I enjoy reading about all sorts of stuff, especially about the hunts, and don't mind clicking on the next page.  I guess I could add a comment here and there, but is that really necessary? Now, if someone posts something like "Hey, we've had enough of you." or something I wouldn't assume your posts aren't of great interest to a lot of us here.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
I read some of those threads and posted on one or two as well. I had also read them when they were originally posted too.

I think that once the main archery seasons open up in a couple of weeks or so, there will be very much more hunting stories and subjects coming up then. About all I do in hot weather as far as hunting goes is bowfishing or maybe a stalk on a groundhog, which always ends without a groundhog! Spending time with my two sons and daughter and working every weekend takes most of my hunting time away this time of year, plus daily chores. To me, this time of year is about getting gear ready, fine tuning, scouting, hanging stands, and an occasional 3D shoot with my huntin' buds.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
I am not saying we all have to post many times on every hunt thread but it does seem odd that a thread about a hunt gets nothing.

Yet many many people will jump in to debate the price of broadheads and the like.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
Nothing's in season here.

I read the revived threads but don't post in them usually. I tried starting a NC 2013 thread that had some conversation but it appears most folks are either getting ready and not posting much or jumping on these debate threads.   :thumbsup:  

Love the hunt threads and the pics.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bill Sant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
It seems as of late that guys are thriving on controversial threads or anything that requires an opinion.  ..........everybody has one.  There isn't much controversy or opinion needed on a well told story,  It is just what it is, a well told story.  It's a pity that some people can and will try and pick apart most anything anymore.  Just too adversarial for me.  Maybe a hunting story catagory so we can read about just hunts, and get away from the opinion section.  I know you guys are trying, just the questions asked by Ferret and Terry in this thread are an indicator of their concern.  Thanks

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
Hopefully I'll have my own hunt story this Saturday!    :thumbsup:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »
I love reading the hunting threads, I just am not a real prolific poster.   I hardly ever read any of the gear threads.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bill Sant:
.......Maybe a hunting story catagory so we can read about just hunts, and get away from the opinion section.....
You mean like the category entitled, "Highlights 2013" directly under the POWOW section?
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »
The fall hunting season will soon be here. I think those gear questions will go away and kill and hunting threads will stay on top. Hope I get to write one early this year.Kip

Offline Bill Sant

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
Ishoot,,,yeah like that, but something a little more specific,  I mean, highlights can be anything that is a highlight to any number of things.  Target shooting, field shooting, flight shooting, kids shooting, best trip to ETAR and on and on. Sorry for being so simplistic minded,  just like to know what I'm getting into

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
I tend to read more then I post. I have read many 20 page threads and enjoyed the photos and stories. This site is by far the best I go too.
I love Bow Hunting

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Sometimes there is not a lot to say about these stories.  If you think about it, most folks reply with - GREAT JOB or similar - but when they are old, that doesn't make as much sense anymore.

Also most of the hunt stories are interactive and have some time factor as the author rolls them out which lengthens them.  That doesn't happen with old posts.

Having said that, I do read many of them and enjoy them.  Some I even remember :-)

Lastly, the rollover to page 2 seems a lot faster these days.  I would assume most folks, don't go to page 2 often.

No worries, tradgang remains entertaining.

Online hardtimes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by FerretWYO:
I am not saying we all have to post many times on every hunt thread but it does seem odd that a thread about a hunt gets nothing.

Yet many many people will jump in to debate the price of broadheads and the like.
Seems most people would rather debate than to congratulate and appreciate.

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
I read them all, but there isn't much to add other than congratulations and usually many, many people have already done that.  

I really enjoyed some of the daily updates a couple of guys did last year.  The Minnesota deer hunts were outstanding and I particularly liked Whip's elk adventure since I don't get to hunt them like I did when I lived in Wyoming.

I rarely get involved in the equipment discussions unless I really have something new to contribute.  I am comfortable with my equipment and opinions and it is fairly unlikely a thread here is going to change that.

D.P.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it, but I see what you are saying. Sure don't have an answer but I think it's normal for any site to evolve long term and be cyclic short term.

What I have noticed is an increased number of low member numbers posting. I like that!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©