3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help Me Out Here  (Read 1150 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help Me Out Here
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Sounds like cabin fever has set in until the season starts up.  I'm just spinning with less then two weeks to go before our AK moose hunt.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Online DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
I enjoy the hunting stories way more even if old ones brought up than the equipment threads about the same things. I do know that there are new trad hunters with good questions that need help.
I look forward to threads that take us along with good pictures, to wild places that many will never be able to or just hunts we someday will go on.
Thanks for those that take the time to post these.

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
What else can you post on a hunting thread but nice job? After a pae or so of that I have nothing to add. I read 'em all though!
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by beachbowhunter:
Couldnt agree more. I hardly post anymore because of the same old gear question threads. I do re-look at the hunt threads and really appreciate you pulling them up. I don't post on them because more times than not, I did the first go-round.

This post coupled with Terry's apparent re-engagement and focus on hunting has got my attention!

Thanks!
I have to agree with Norb on this one...I most likely have posted on the old hunt threads to don't usually post again but often re-read the bulk of them.

The newcomers that may have not seen them probably get enjoyment but may not feel right posting after the fact or since they are newcomers   :dunno:  

Either way - I like the focus towards hunting...Lord knows I must live alot of the time vicariously thru the many hunts on here.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
Love reading the old hunt threads but don't always feel the need to post on a hunt that happened 1-4 years ago.

Don't mistake few postings on a thread to be a sign of disinterest.  IT IS APPRECIATED !!!!!!
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Even though I have hunted with trad gear for many years I am fairly new on TradGang and I love it! The hunt stories are the ones I love the most. Please bring up more of the old ones, like Stedman's hunt and Whips hunt recently.... those were awesome!!! I know others are reading them even though not posting. Thanks,
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
I am glad to see there are many still paying attention to the hunts.  

I guess I was measureing the interest by posts and that may not be the right way.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline VictoryHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
It is greatly appreciated! The hunting stories are the best!
There is a place for all God's creatures....right next to the potatoes and gravy.
>>>----------------->

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »
It's been going this way for the last couple years. It's too bad because all yhe questions that everyone has through the year would be answered through the fall hunting stories.
Plus as you well know posting a story takes a lot of time, especially with pics. If you think only a hand full of guys are reading, you're not going to take the time to post. For all you guys who just read, is it really that hard to type "nice" or "thanks"? Those of us who do post hunting stories get no compensation nor do we want any. We do it just like you would around a hunting camp fire. For every one elses enjoyment.
Agree 100%more Randy. (Heck thos thread will get more response than some hunting stories  ;)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
The stories are my favorite! I always go back 20/30 pages and read the adventures ... What's not to love about that ?   :dunno:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
I always read them but don't post for whatever reason. Perhaps on old stories a good reply would be "thanks for bringing this back up".
I'll pay more attention to that. You'd be hard pressed to know what the uptake is without some recognition, but I'm betting many are reading them. Too good not to!
Please don't stop doing it though. Pretty slow up here right now, getting ready and all, but nothing to chase at this point.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 06:08:00 PM »
I agree Randy,  I love the old threads brought up.  Many are ones I never saw the first go round.

I do see a lot of response to other threads which is fine but makes you wonder if people would rather shop than hunt   :dunno:  

I understand though why there wouldn't be as many responses on hunt threads.  I always comment even when brought up a second time.  They are just too cool to let whither away.

I also Agree with Charlie, Its nice to see a lot of new members.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Ragin Bull

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
I also love reading the hunt stories but don't always post, sometimes I don't even notice the dates the stories were originally posted.  I should post because it is appreciated and I do love the stories.
I may even start searching out some old stories and bring them back myself.
Keep it up Randy, yur doing real good.
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
I also agree, that's why last week I started a hunt topic about California hunting and pictures. Some people posted but I even bumped it with encouragement once. To much high tech talk for my liking. I like traditional archery because it was simple. NOT ANY MORE!!!!

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
I agree.
ChuckC

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 06:42:00 PM »
I think we're in the August lull. Our bow season opens on Sept.14 here in Wis. Things will start heating up then.   :archer2:  I can't wait to read all the hunting stories this year.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 06:51:00 PM »
I don't get online everyday, but I read every hunt story that I see.  I usually don't post on the older hunt stories, although sometimes I do.  I don't even post on all of the new ones unless it is someone I know or a friend, but I will try to be better about at least saying congratulations.  Like alot of others, I wish that a higher percentage of the posts were a little more directly involving the hunt.  With nearly 40,000 members, I would think that there would be alot more hunt stories.  Seeing the threads about successful hunts is one of the best ways to learn about what techniques/setups are successful, not to mention getting your adrenaline up for doing other hunts of your own.  BTW, congrats on your pronghorn hunt, Randy.

Offline SAVIOUR68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
Randy I respect your feelings and I am also one that looks and reads the post but make no replies on older threads, to clean up the Main forum how about a new forum for EQUIPMENT/ TUNING for new/old TGers looking for help and not clogging the Main Forum with such questions.   :dunno:

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Love the hunt stories the most, but I also like a good "camp pics" thread or any pic thread really.

Sometimes I just cruise thru getting a quick TG fix and don't think to post. I do appreciate the time and effort it takes to entertain with a good hunt-a-long thread, but it would be nice to see a lot more members doing it. I plan on at least a couple "shared" hunts this season.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Fanto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
The trad bowhunting forum in Australia has a "Traditional Tackle" forum for discussing gear, a "Hunting" forum and a "general chat" forum

it works well

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©