3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help Me Out Here  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help Me Out Here
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 08:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by steadman:
 For all you guys who just read, is it really that hard to type "nice" or "thanks"? Those of us who do post hunting stories get no compensation nor do we want any. We do it just like you would around a hunting camp fire. For every one elses enjoyment.
Agree 100%more Randy. (Heck thos thread will get more response than some hunting stories   ;)  
I read them but don't post on them often. I never thought about it but will from now on.

Thanks!

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
I really enjoy reading the past hunting threads.  Although I may not comment on each of them I do read every post.  I especially enjoy seeing the good pictures.  Keep bringing them up!  As we're approaching hunting season they help to keep the enthusiasm high!

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
I think we need a like button like FB. I find even on some comments that I just smile and I find myself looking for the like button.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
I think most of us read ALL of them and I would bet many of us go through and read the old ones often. Kinda like picking up a copy of a magazine that's a few months old and reading it again. I know I have a few back issues of Trad Bowhunter, Trad Archer and others laying by the bed and in other various places that my wife hates!!!   Sorry if it bothers you that I don't post a   :thumbsup:  every time but guess we could.  Believe it that they are appreciated though. I would also say that if its months and months of back slaps that you're looking for and your going to get upset without them....maybe you are posting for the wrong reasons.  No offense!  

Maybe we do need a seperate topic for just "Huntin' Stories" so it would be easier to look for them and appreciate them for a longer time!!  

Again....All those stories are VERY appreciated....especially by a guy like me that is not nearly as experienced as many here and definitely learns something from each and every one!!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
See if Skitch had a like button I would hit it and he would know I like it! LOl what about a I don't like it button also!Haha
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline Al Natural

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »
Maybe the guys who hunt have been out scouting and setting tree stands. Or Possibly spending time shooting their bows and sharpening broad heads. Time is approaching soon to get to the woods. If you are spending all your time here on the computer then you probably just like to shoot traditional bows! Just a thought.
Al

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
It's the industry! It's even taking over in the trad-world (imo).  I'm a relative recent convert from... well... you know where from, and I got away from that because the industry had created a culture that was more about the gear and toys than the hunt.  Unfortunately, I feel like I'm finding more and more that they are more and more corrupting the trad world too!  Dark are the days we hunt in... A little dramatic?  Maybe, but seriously though, I think the industry drives THE GEAR talks.  Also, like has been said, gear-talk takes less effort than a well-crafted tale!
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »
I enjoy all aspects of hunting and try to engage members to broaden and share their knowledge. Subjects like animal behavior, hunting techniques, food sources, effects of weather,ect. Let's talk hunting, not just gear or hunt stories, but the woodcrafts that make us successful hunters. I try to my dismay, usually, because people have a hard time discussing anything the least bit controvercial, or their afraid to voice their opinion for fear of being corrected or one up'ed. I realize the written word lacks facial gestures and cadence of voice and therefore at disadvantage as a form of complete communication.That's unfortunate! But I'm here to share and to learn, as well as be entertained. I'll keep trying despite the sneers or snickers, yah's or nay's.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Is there a way to automatically tag hunt threads so that they will show up on the highlights section as well as PowWow?

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
I usually come on here every day. I read every hunting story that gets posted so I can enjoy the hunt thru someone else's eyes, experience terrain way across the country.
I usually don't post on them cause I feel another    :thumbsup:   among several pages isn't necessary.
The broadhead posts and the "how little bow weight can I get by with" posts always seem to increase this time of year. People are looking forward to seasons opening and getting equipment ready.
I think some of us who have been doing it for a long time (longbow for 33years) don't need to experiment cause we know what works and are comfortable with that.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
I like looking at pics. Sometimes I don't post but that don't mean I didn't read through your post. If his forum hand a view counter I bet you would see they get tons of views! Guys love seeing hunt pics more than just about anything. Just be cause here are not many posts don't mean guys are not looking....
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by SKITCH:
I would also say that if its months and months of back slaps that you're looking for and your going to get upset without them....maybe you are posting for the wrong reasons.  No offense.  
I worried this would be the case. I did not make this post because I wanted back slaps for my recent hunt. It is more why do hunt stories vanish from sight when other seemingly meaningless threads remain active for days and weeks.

As I mentioned I should not judge interest by post but there is not other way here really. I also do not post on every thread I read so I get it. Maybe I need to rethink my wording some.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »
I do know that the hunt stories are helping me get through this last few weeks before our deer season opens on sept. 6th. I hope I can add a few to the board
I love Bow Hunting

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 01:20:00 AM »
I try to read all hunt stories and do read the old ones, but may not post. If your not sure, Scott T suggested a "Like" button.  Next, add a counter to see how many times it has been read, vs the number of posts. Place both on the subject line, that way you can view it without reading, or read it, "Like", or just be counted. I think you will be surprised....  :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Al, most guys that post these hunting stories are hunters, and spend time away from their hunting, or when they are successful to share it with the rest of the folks here. Our preseason scouting has been done and our broadheads are sharp and in our quivers.  By putting our stories out now, it gets  the rest of the folks fired up. And when our seasons are wrapped up in a month or so we like to keep the fire going by hearing stories from those that get to hunt later in the year.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
I've been discouraged to the point of not  continuing with a story because I was getting no feedback. Shame too because I was getting to the point in the story where it got exciting. I had a multiple close calls with bulls last year, but it seemed like nobody was interested so I dropped it.
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline GreyGoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
I probably post more on the shooting or equipment related topics, but what I enjoy most are the hunting related ones, whether I post or not.  Especially when someone simply has a good adventure to relate.
Jim

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
If I catch a thread from the beginning I enjoy following it but I know I sometimes won't take the time to read through 15 pages to catch up and that's usually only because of time restraints. I don't think you should be hesitant to post your story. It will get read eventually and It seems we should try to give feedback when possible to keep these great stories going. Just a simple   :thumbsup:  will do it.

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Yeah, but what is the minimum bow weight for hunting?  LOL.

I read the hunting posts too, and enjoy them.

Could just be a coincidence and timing, dunno.  Maybe everybody has been busy.

Thanks guys.  We do appreciate them.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
I agree with what Randy is saying, maybe it just human nature of some to want to debate.  Me, I would rather read a good hunt story or be apart of the story itself.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©