3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: string tracker question  (Read 307 times)

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
string tracker question
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
I picked up a used string tracker i would like to use for deer hunting this year, anyone got any ideas on how to attach it to a wood arrow. I was thinking i could flatten a small piece of wire with a loop on the end and hotmelt it in with the broadhead when i put it on, even if i had to file a tiny grove in the tip of the shaft to make room for the wire, then just tie it on, what do you think?
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: string tracker question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Look up Curt's (Guru) post on it.  All he does is use a small band of sticky back Velcro ( the hard side...not the soft) around the shaft just behind the tip. Pretty easy and I'm sure it would work on wood.  I have never used them but I did buy some arrows from him and could NOT figure out what the dang Velcro was on some of he arrows!!  You should be able to find the info pretty quick with a search.
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Re: string tracker question
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
Check this thread out (it is the one SKITCH was referring to). In the first post there is a pic of how to do what you want using Velcro. Read all thru the thread. there are many good ideas for mounting the string tracker too.

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000094;p=1

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©