3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke whip vs Kanati  (Read 309 times)

Offline Ifrit617

• Trad Bowhunter
Toelke whip vs Kanati
« on: August 20, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Which would you pick if you had to choose just one? How do they compare in speed, smoothness, and durability of finish? I love both designs, just don't know which to choose.

Jon
Quinn Comet 40#@30"

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelke whip vs Kanati
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Never shot a Kanati, but i'm sure they are nice bows. I'd say the difference is gona be in the grip. Some guys love a Toelke grip and some guys don't.  I'm as big a Toelke fan as they get. Can't say enough good about them.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Never shot a Whip. I love my Kanati though. Shoots great and hits hard. No handshock that I can feel at all. My specks on mine are in my signature below. I shoot a rather heavy arrow with a short draw length so my speed doesn't look too great but don't let that fool ya. I would put the performance up against any longbow if comparing apples to apples.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Never shot a Toelke, but am a Kanati fan. Got another one on order now. I don't require fancy woods, but am particular about the grip. My 56" bow has good speed, fairly smooth for a short bow, and a durable finish. I'm happy.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
I'll get in on this.
 I've never shot a Kanati (would love to sometime) but have owned a couple of Whips (and curently a Toelke Lynx) and they are hard to beat. Superb craftsmanship, great people (as I'm sure Jason is also) and quick quiet shooters.
Probably can't go wrong with either.
Try 'em both(if that's possible) and see which suits you the best.    :)
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline khall1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by TxAg:
Never shot a Kanati, but i'm sure they are nice bows. I'd say the difference is gona be in the grip. Some guys love a Toelke grip and some guys don't.  I'm as big a Toelke fan as they get. Can't say enough good about them.
58" Great Plains-Red River 57#@28
60" Bob Lee-Hunter 60#@28
62" Toelke Whip 57#@28

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:00 PM »
I would like to jump in on this, I have a Tolke whip that’s 58” 48#@28 and love it. And I have a Kanati on order for this year.  How does the overall size of a kanati compare to the whip.
         >>>>------------------>
  Jon: I'll let  you know in Oct when I get the Kanati.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
Ive owned multiple of both,  they are VERY different bows.  If you want a compact, no frills hunting bow, the Kanati has the edge in my book as you can have it down to 56" drawing to 28.  

If you want more options on materials, and don't mind a little longer bow, The Whip has it.  

They are both quite, fast etc.... the Whip may be a tad quieter but its a non issue with either.  If your going to order a new one you can get a Whip spec'd out just as you order it in about 30 days.

Jason is a bit behind and not taking orders the rest of the year.

Offline LEWIS VADEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
I have both and would not part with either one.  I like the grip on the Kanati better, the Whip is a little quieter.  Performance seems to be about the same. For hunting I prefer the Kanati (60 in.) for targets the Whip (66 in.)  29.5 in draw and they both pull smooth with no finger pinch.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©