3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Where to take a visiting Tradganger hunting in Ohio  (Read 261 times)

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
Where to take a visiting Tradganger hunting in Ohio
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:31:00 AM »
Squaretop archer is coming to Ohio from Arizona to hunt with my buddy Ray (missiginOhio) and myself from Oct 27th-3rd of Nov. I was thinking of taking him south for a couple of days to hunt some hills. And these are the two places I was thinking of taking Luis(squaretoparcher) to bowhunt.
First option is north of Coshocton Ohio, around the Warsaw dam area I’ve hunted here before and have taken some nice deer, and there’s a nice private campground with hot showers within two minutes of the area we would be hunting.
Second option is get a cabin around the Tappan lake area outside of Cadiz Ohio the area is filled with state game lands and state forest that we can hunt and 25miles away from 200acres of private property we can hunt in Bergholz Ohio.
Let me know what you think.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Where to take a visiting Tradganger hunting in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
Anyone have any info on Harrison State Forest, Egypt valley or the Tappan lake area in Ohio

Thanks Luke

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Egypt Valley is on the way to my old farm. It, like most public land in Ohio, gets a lot of pressure. There is a map of Ohio public land available, I have one but can't remember where I got it. Tappan Lake has a lot of pretty country. Salt Fork gets a lot of pressure but it is huge and you may be able to hike away from the guys that hunt 100 yards off the roads.

-Brian

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
Thanks Brain I think I’m going to take ride down this weekend and check things out. The area  is around an hour and have from me.

THANKS LUKE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©