3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is my bow ok??  (Read 259 times)

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
Is my bow ok??
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Hey guys, so I was out shooting this afternoon and had shot about 30 arrows probably.  I was shooting the widow in my sig and some goldtip trad 5575s.  Well I went to shoot just like I had been and upon shooting, my arrow just fell out of my riser and the nock fell on the ground.  The bow also made a loud noise like I dry fired it and it scared me to death. I thought the string broke.  Upon inspection, the nock broke off in the arrrow, but I had not hit this arrow and had been shooting it.  I have thoroughly checked my bow and cannot find anything wrong with the bow, not even a scratch but I am just really worried and freaked out.  I shot the bow a few more times and it seemed fine.  Has this ever happened to anyone? Should my bow be fine?  Thanks
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is my bow ok??
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Should be fine Widows are bomb proof!! Just draw carefully and shoot a few more times to make sure there are no hairline cracks or anything! Shawn
Shawn

Offline M.Kerry Bird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
This has happened to me a few times. Take your string off and check the string grooves and right below them on the belly side for little cracks. If you don't see any your ok. Widows are built tough. Sometimes a dry fire will cause little cracks in that area that the string will start cutting into the limb.

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
your bow should be fine if you cant see any visual cracks/signs. widows are tough as nails. I would replace your GT nocks with another brand. Back when I shot Gt I replaced mine with Bohning signature nocks and didnt have any problems. GT  had a problem with their nocks in the past. I/ve never had any break but know several people that have had them break off inside like you experienced. It can be a scary situation. glad you're ok. just replace them, and keep flingin'...

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the help and tips guys.  Yea I really want to replace the nocks after that.  One more question, I have some adhesive leather strips over my string grooves to silence it.  Should I take them off and check there too or will it be ok?
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©