3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wool Pants  (Read 413 times)

Offline Hippy

• Trad Bowhunter
Wool Pants
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
Hey Guys,

Where is the best place to buy wool pants.  I don't have any wool clothing, but I am looking for some now.  Any ideas or suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wool Pants
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
your local army surplus store  cheap!!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Check LL Bean.I got a pair 4 years ago and Ive never regretted it.Good pant, good price.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Also check out the bargain barn sections of some of the online outdoor stores.  If you have no wool, a worthy investment would be a wool bib.  I also like Army Navy, it is usually some tight weave.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline stripe55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
The Army surplus stuff is great if you can find stuff that fits and fits your needs. To get a little closer to exactly what you want for a decent price check out L.L. Bean as stated above. They have quality stuff and the BEST return policy of any. They sell a great camo pattern and both the pants and wool shirt/jac are the kinds of hunting clothes that a guy could find himself wearing through most of any hunting season. These attributes have always seemed to me to encompass my thought of "traditional", simple, tough, functional.
"no sleep 'til 55"

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »
Sportsman's Guide, Cheaper than Dirt, etc. have European military wool trousers at giveaway prices. It's heavy stuff, so be sure you are going to need that much warmth. As others have mentioned, LL Bean, Cabela's, etc. carry good lighter weight wool.

Sometimes Goodwill or ARC, Salvation Army, etc. thrift stores have wool clothing cheap.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
I got a really nice pair of thick LL Bean wool pants off of the big auction site.  I got a pair of Swedish Army wool pants from Sportsmans Guide and I loved them.  Super comfortable and warm, but they were constantly ripping in the crotch.  Had to finally trash them.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Can often find nice, and inexpensive wool  stuff at Salvation Army stores.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Size is important when looking for wool pants. Most surplus is to small for this bowhunter. Cabela's Johnson wool pant is sturdy and made for most. The last time I checked they were around $70.00.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
I have a pair of grey Filson's that I love.  Wore them to/from/in Alaska last year.  Almost look like going-to-town pants but very comfortable and tough as the dickens.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©