3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ted Fry/Raptor Archery Bowhunt-Texas  (Read 2102 times)

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ted Fry/Raptor Archery Bowhunt-Texas
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
this does sound like a blast.  I've dying to meet other tradgangers since....well since...the beginning  :)   (see...my member #)    maybe this'll be a great opportunity for that....have'ta start  buttering up my darling wife

(ps I just watched the frog and bunny segment of the DVD last night and loved it!....)  made me feel like  a kid just watching it.

gotta love tradgang tip no. 1  "if you don't live in a state were you can hunt hogs....MOVE!"
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Marc, I didn't know it at the time, but I bounced the idea off of my wife right around the time she was planning on buying some Garth Brooks tickets.  I wondered why she said yes so easy.

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Lets get this back up to the top.  That Odessa thread with the Javelinas and hogs has me wanting January to get here sooner rather than later.  

Now I know what I need to be carrying into the woods for Kansas deer, but what extra gear am I gonna need to bring for this Texas hunt?  I imagine this is a thorny area, right?

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
From the looks of all the pigs Curtis is running into you might want to bring a few extra arrows.

Offline Paul Collins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Wish I could join you, Ted, but I'll be in MD trying to help my younger boy get his first deer.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 07:23:00 AM »
We've still got some room and we still have a big chunk of realestate to hunt.  :D   CK

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
How about a hunting update Curtis, stories?

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
The property simply lies idle when I'm not there. It's a seven hour drive for me to go to the ranch we'll be hunting. No-one has hunted since my last trip and it won't be hunted till December 4th. Till then I'm chasing a monster whitetail in the southern end of the state. More updates as they happen. CK

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:00 PM »
Bringing it back up , looks like 5 of us lucky bowhunters so far will be heading down to Texas to chase piggys with Curtis.
Come on January.

Offline CJ Pearson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Good luck Ted, man I wish I could hang around after the b-day hunt but I have to get back to the in-laws or else.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Whats all this bout hog huntin? I thought this was the Ted Fry hunt?? Curtis, I's thought you said you was gonna give him some that ichity crotch (ask Ted) stuff an a half hour head start?
hunt it

Offline Viking69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »
Ted, I hope old lightening is up to the task! And you can handle a flight to Texas from Portland sitting next to me!

Mr. Kellar, could you please send me your address so I can get a deposit in the mail. Booked my ticket tonight. YEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Offline biglegmax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 01:56:00 AM »
Hey 69, after 9/11 they don't allow folks like you on airplanes with sharp objects, so pack your blunts. You won't need broadheads anyway, you will be too busy packing this old mans HOG(S).....

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
email me for the address please. Good to have you aboard! We're gonna stick some pigs!

[email protected]

Offline Viking69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
Hey there Biglegmax, Can't believe you didn't take "Gutshot" as a user name based on your typical performance out at the range!  :) , And I will be proud to help you pack out a pig, But you are in luck! From what I understand it won't be like hunting on the mountain out back. In that low topography Texas country a Codger like you can probably even walk a half mile without getting winded!

Thanks for the reply Curtis, I'll send you an e-mail in a few. Really getting excited for this trip!!

Offline biglegmax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »
Hey Vik, you must have dug your way out of the snow this morning. I wanted to let you know "gutshot" was my first choice, but you can't always get what you want. As you know, taking a DAS bow to a 3d shoot, doesn't mean you end up with a better score than a guy shooting a selfbow(right Ted?).
 I'm with you, this is going to be a hoot of a hunt. I just wanted to let you know my plane reservations are made, and I promise to let you shoot at least one animal. I know you have young kids, and too many "Foam" sandwiches  can't be good for them....

Offline Viking69

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 12:29:00 AM »
Bigleg, I'm gonna tell ya straight up. I did some figuring and the numbers just don't add. Theodore spent WAY to much time fishing arrows out of the brush at the Dalles shoot. He can talk up his score all day but there was no way he outshot me with that snakeskinned fencepost!

We are gonna have one fine time down south my friend!

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
Facts are facts brother Sean . Zac kept score.
The truth hurts I know but the truth will set you free.
Like I told you earlier I didnt need to win the whole contest as long as I whopped you! Ha!
Sure looking forward to spending a few days with you guys in Texas.

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
You guys better pack some ear plugs.  I've spent a few nights trying to sleep in the same room as Ted.  Or maybe that was me.  I know Irish thought it was pretty noisey.

Offline biglegmax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
The more that gets exposed here could easy convince Curtis that 95 square miles might NOT be enough real estate for this group. A few more guys could temper things nicely, I'm sure there is room. By the way "snakeskinned fencepost" now that is funny!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©