3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Dorado weight  (Read 228 times)

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Dorado weight
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:23:00 PM »
I am looking into buying a hoyt dorado.  I would like to stay at the 50# draw weight.  I have read a few reviews that guys have said the draw weight tends to be heavier than marked.  Have any of you who shoot dorados noticed this and is it really noticable?  Thanks.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Dorado weight
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
Mine wasn't heavy.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Mine was about 3lbs more than marked. You might find one that is dead on. There will be variance in exact weight.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
I had the same concerns when I began shopping for a Dorado.  Hoyt's website assures that they are always within the industry standard +/- 2 lbs., but they are replacing my limbs because they were every bit of lbs heavy.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 11:36:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  So would it be safer to go down to a 45# draw on the dorado then?
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
For me that would make sense.  Some of it depends on what spine weight you are wanting to shoot and how much tuning you want to do with your bow.  I know this is kinda backwards, but I was trying to make my bow fit my arrows - not the other way around.  Lower draw weight was going to make that easier as I was bordering the upper limits of the shafts I had.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
That is a fine bow and you are going to like it.  Keep safe on your deployment and know that all of us here on TG appreciate you and all who serve and protect us.  Tip of the camo cap to you.   :thumbsup:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©