3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shakespeare, 1964 Necedah clean up For Roger , updated pics of bow,PG3  (Read 4011 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have this friend at my shop. His name is Roger, he's about 63 yrs young he's the only one that talks about trad shooting and hunting to me at work and the rest think I'm a crazed idiot playing with obsolete equipment. We really talk and I always get the feeling that he loves to remember back in the days when all he knew as bowhunting was this bow and his cedar arrows.He talks about how much fun he had with his hunting partners and he always talks about the misses and laughs and only mentions the stalking and great hits he has made never to be to bostfull about it. Well he lost his daughter in the summer of 2005 and in the 2006 fall he lost his son. He returned to his office the next monday after the passing of his son and you could see he was troubled but he held himself so well through a time where I probably would have just lost it. I envie him and have so much respect for this man being so strong. Trusting God to help him through his time in his life.It really moved me to take a closer look at myself and how much did I trust in the lord, how strong of a spirit was I.
Well today he surprises me and brings in his old recurve to me to see. He said it was an old shakespear and it was the one he had told me so many stories about.I was awstruck with this bow. Just simple like I likem, a nice wood with a burnt orange glass limbs face and backing. Its marked 55" 45+#@28+ Very different I thought. He had no string on it and it's pretty dirty I look it over and he said, Go ahead and take it for awhile I'll bring in a string next week for it. I said no way, I'll get one on it for ya, I've got some friends that can help me out. Sooo,,,, I have this treasured bow of his, I need a orange and brown flemish twist string from someone who can make one up, some arrows and silencers. I get to tune her in and shoot it for a week or two.      :saywhat:       This is very special for me. I'm going to clean her up real nice, get a new string, some bow hush silencers, and  get a half dozen woodies for this bow and return her to the proud owner. This may not sound like a lot but for me it is a way to give Roger something back for what he has done for me spiritually. I don't think I can ever really pay him in full for his wisdom passed on to me. I feel blessed to even know this man.

I need one flemish string at 52" six poc shafts for a 45# recurve,and I'll order the bow hush silencers. PM me your prices for your items and I'll cover shipping to. I got a new camera today and I'll have pics of her durring the process and when its back in his hands.
 Thanks and god bless everyone, Jason B.
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shakespeare, 1964 Necedah clean up For Roger , updated pics of bow,PG3
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
Oh I have a question. since this bow probably hasn't been worked in at least 15 years or so should I go slow, short drawing to work it a little?
TGMM

Offline shaft slinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
pm me you address and i will get a string in the mail in a day or two

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Pm sent. I just put in a good order to Bow Hush. I got some extra for myself. I have always wanted to try them out anyhow.
TGMM

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
It's very good of you to listen, and let him confide in you. It sounds like he needs a friend and you seem like a good one. Have you asked him to go stick bow shooting with you. Good for you. Alan

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 08:55:00 PM »
Not yet, but after I get his bow all set I'm sure we'll be doing something together.
TGMM

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:00 PM »
Just PM you with silencer offer.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline dorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
pmed you a arrow offer .
" If I fail trying my hardest did I really fail ? "

Jeff Dorris
11/16/1970 ~ 3/30/2010
Rest In Peace

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »
Couple of pics of my mug and the beauty I plan to revive.

sorry about the sideways pic I faught that one for awhile.

TGMM

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
That is really cool! If I can help you out with anything let me know. What you should do is just pick up some brown and orange flemish spools and I can show ya how to twist one up, it really is not that difficult  :D  I have black and red so that will probably not do you much good...

I do have 5 cedars that are cut 29 1/2 BOP with self nocks reinforced with artificial sinew and turkey feather fletching. They are spined 45-50 and might work just fine. You can have them for free if you want them. The only deal is I crested them and the paint was not compatible with my finish and the paint is a bit smeared under the finish. Let me know if you want them. I can probably hook up with you this weekend if you want.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 09:43:00 PM »
Kevin,
Sorry I didn't get back with your earlier in the week PM, just me being busy, maybe we can get toghether next week and shoot down at the local archery shop(indoor 3d and techno huntin). Oh, the monster buck went well. I had to do some pretty neet work on that ear can't wait to show ya. I have had two arrows offers already by very curtious folks but its up to you. I know Rog would appreciate it.Next weekend is better for me. I have to change the motor out in my BroncoII.
TGMM

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Actually the arrow are your call  :D  If you want them they are yours, if you prefer the other offers then take them... no biggie either way.

I will have to see about next weekend. My wife and son are going to be gone from tomorrow until next Thursday, so I will probably gonna be doing a little catching up with them  :)  Kind of will depend on how she feels.

I'll give you a call later and we'll work something out.

Kevin.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
Jason,
I have the same bow, in a lefty that my father-in-law gave to me for my son.  I have to straighten the limbs as both have a slight twist from sitting in the closet.  He said he got it in 1969.  Once I get the limbs straightened out, I will pick up string for it and shoot it a bit.  I shoot right handed, but worked at Jays in Clare for a few years and can shoot lefty as well.  I see you are in Stanton, I manage the ProGas propane plant there a few days per week.  Would be nice to meet you someday, and shoot a bit.  Where do you shoot at?  
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Hey I go there to get my small tank filled.
I live right around the corner on second st. not much more than a block away from pro gas. I shoot at twin ponds when I want to shoot 3D or techno. but if weather permits I shoot in my yard. but with all the new snow I would shoot at twin ponds. Maybe Kevin, You and I could get together there and meet and shoot.That would be pretty cool. 240 second st. tan house,on the east side of second st. If you want to do some bunny huntin we could do that to.
TGMM

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
I would like to say to everyone that is helping me with this a HUGE, THANKYOU. pics to come when I have it finished.
TGMM

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Jason; Others can correct me if i'm wrong, but that Bow looks like a Shakespeare "Necedah", model. Very good Bow then and Now!

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
Yes, he said it was a shakespeare but never said the model name.
TGMM

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:12:00 PM »
ONLY ON TRADGANG!!  Makes Me Damn Proud to Be a Member of such a Thoughtful, and Generous (Time and Material)  BIG   FAMILY!!  
  Bless You WhiteBuffalo, and  GOD BLESS EVERYONE  Else who is Involved in this Mans Grieving Period, and Time of Need. He will Be Thankful, and Will Remember the Kindness thats Being Shown to Him!!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :pray:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
Your a kind and thoughtfull person, Whitebuffalo. My hats off to you mate.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I found this searchin around on the net. Its not a 69 cause they went to the 58" length. but I did find this description which fits this bow from tip to tip.

X26 Necedah, 1964, 55 inches(first year)
Recurve
Weights35, 40, 45, 50, and 55 Lbs.
Handle Benge' wood with contoured thumb rest
Handle Semi-pistol grip
Glass Cinnamon color front and back
Brace height 7 inches
Price $ 49.95

That was the list price for this bow back then.
Any bowyers out there know what Benge' wood is?
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©