3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jo-Jan indexer...cock feather up...?  (Read 299 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Jo-Jan indexer...cock feather up...?
« on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:00 AM »
Hi guys,

Wanting to know if anyone has a spare Jo-jan indexer that allows the 'cock feather up' option?

I had me one but lost in a move...

Cheers,

ak.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline danbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jo-Jan indexer...cock feather up...?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
Don't glue the nock on the arrow until after you fletch the arrow. Works fine for me.
"Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:18:00 AM »
Also danbow the Jo Jan nock receiver that fletches cock feather up,the index for the four fletch does 4x90.The standard Jo Jan nock fletches 4-75/105.Thats why I bought one to do 4x90 for myself.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Originally posted by danbow:
Don't glue the nock on the arrow until after you fletch the arrow. Works fine for me.
How does the arrow stay in the jig without the nock?
Also how do you index it correctly when the arrow isn't in a fixed position?

...or is this just a joke and I'm a little slow this morn?..lol
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
I think we may be talking about two different things. I believe danbow was talking about arrows with a nock that is inserted in the shaft. They normally fit quite tightly without gluing and will allow you to fletch and then twist the nock to the position you want before gluing.

If you are talking about arrows with a tapered nock and the nock has to be glued on, I think you could glue it on with some rubber cement - then clean it and re-glue permanently after fletching.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
Yeh... I am talking about using glue on mocks on timber shafts, there for it would have to be glued on and secure before fletching.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
I tack mine with a small dab of hot melt on the edge. I always use the same set of nocks for this. Then after everything is done, I peal off the hot melt and glue my nocks on.  I started doing this because with a left wing clamp and left wing feathers on a right hand bow, the standard setting will put the one feather straight down, the same the other way for my right wing fletcher. For left wings I rotate the nock counter clockwise 1/8 turn from the grain, tack on the nock, fletch and then when I glue on the permanent nock I rotate the arrow counter clockwise 1/8 to correct the arrow to the grain.  The opposite way with my right wing fletcher. This first turn is not needed with metal or carbon of course, but the second turn is good if you do not want that bottom henn sticking straight down when you three fletch. I do not do any rotating with four fletch. The other one is to put the first feather on and simply start with the index of the nock pointing down.  This will turn the cock feather into the bow with the nock index still out from the bow.  I have a set of right wing arrows for my left hand bow this way. If the cock feather is out that hen feather is straight down and bumps a bit off the bow, with the cock feather in, I get no straight down feather and am getting perfect arrow flight without needing raise my string nock to compensate for the straight down hen feather.  Man, I think I made that sound more complicated than it is.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©