3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally Happened to me  (Read 327 times)

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally Happened to me
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Well I have been using trail cameras for a lot of years and never had one stolen.  Well that all change today.  wen to pull my card today and found out someone else liked my camera better than I did.  Bad thing is it was one of my new ones I just recently bought.  Very disappointed right now with this incident.  Also just bought a new Double Bull Blind I was going to set up in that spot.  I think I am now going to have to reconsider that idea.
T ZZZZ

Offline arrowbuster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally Happened to me
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
That really stinks. There is nothing lower than a thief. I hate it for you.
AH ACS CX 60" 53@28
PITTSLEY PREDATOR 60" 56@28
CASCADE BRUSH HAWK 56" 49@28

Offline DeerBacon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Bummer!!! Sorry to hear that. I never had that happen to a camera. I have been excited to go to my tree stand before only to find a empty tree   :banghead:  . Never know who is gonna come stumbling through your favorite hunting spot.
" I got a new bow for my wife, It was the best trade I ever made! "

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
sure is a shame what some of these so called people call themselves sportsmans i get the the same gut feeling when i am walking in the woods to check mine!!sorry for ya man
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Go ahead and set it up. While you're at it, get you several traps and put them out hidden in strategic areas. Last, hang another camera up out of eye level to catch the fun !!!!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
It is truly a sad time to realize that people in general may not be as trustworthy as we would like to think. If you do put out another camera, certainly consider a hidden camera to monitor the main trail camera. Then if you catch the SOB, prosecute him, including a civil lawsuit if your attorney thinks you may have a chance to win. Do not set any kind of man trap. They are strictly illegal! I hope you catch him.
Sam

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
Road rage is bad but I think stolen item rage is worse. I know it gets my blood boiling.
PBS  Member

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
It is what it is.  I should have known better and used a python lock but never had a problem on this property in 8 years.  There will be some covert cams in the area going up to see who is coming onto the property.  I have been using the primos 35's cause they are cheap but the IR is just not that strong so I picked up  Bushnell Trophy HD.  So not only id they get my cam they got the better one.
T ZZZZ

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
If you're giving up that spot, make sure you take a few dumps on it first just to give the theif something nice to smell if he decides to hunt it.

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
I'm not giving up on the spot.  I have taken a quality buck  each of the last 5 years there.   I will just hunt out of the tree stand.  They are going to have to work at getting at the stand.  Just disappointed  that I can't use the Ground Blind.  The spot I wanted to hunt dose not have a suitable tree but this summer a storm blew down a tree that created a great backstop for a GB.  Plus I was looking forward to hunting off the ground for a change.
T ZZZZ

Offline GWC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Iv had trouble on my property also,although not quite as bad as yours.Got pictures of a couple guys walking through my property with guns and a turkey decoy.When they saw the camera,they turned it off,but left it and the SD card.So I moved the camera to another area on the same farm and set up in some thick pines.Next time I came back,somebody had stolen the SD card and left the camera.Hate trespassers.
Just Takn A Day At A Time

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
this might make you feel a little better.  
I used to write with sharpy marker on my trail cameras that i put on state land "i am a broke high school student and i had to work hard to pay for this camera please dont take it". I was hoping this would stop someone from messing with it. one was stolen adn in its place was a note writen on a paperplate that said "consider this a lesson in life. there are no good people left."

If i ever find out who that was i have a few lessons Im gonna teach him.....learning how to walk and talk again with a broke jaw and legs will be a lesson he can learn on his own after im done.

AS for the groundblind. just build a pocket out of natural stuff that you can set the blind in each time you hunt it. Thsi way the main cover is already in place and your blind wont be so "new" when you hunt it.

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
I feel your pain!  It infuriates me that someone would think they had the right to take someone's stuff.  It's like they think they deserve it more than the guy that worked for it.  Those type of people have no respect for anyone... they are selfish, and they will live a sad life.
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline CoachBGriff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 10:24:00 PM »
...IMO
For we did not follow cleverly contrived myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; instead, we were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
2 Peter 1:16

Offline r-man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »
besure to contact manufacture to give them SN# of stolen unit, in case dum dums try to get it fixed.
Randy

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 05:30:00 AM »
I apoligize in advance to anyone I may ever catch stealing from me, It will not be a very healthy experience. Its a shame the lack of personal integrety and accountability we have in our society.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©