3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Interesting response from Bear customer service  (Read 691 times)

Offline mahantango

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Interesting response from Bear customer service
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Dunno... I have a couple Bears (Kmag, K Hunter and Tigercat) that are 45-50 years old and have NO "stress" cracks, longitudinal or horizontal. I think that I'd send it back and if I liked the bow try an other one.
We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Northwoods runner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 05:27:00 PM »
I'd send it back. I have a 2 mo. old Bear Montana that gets used almost every day and there is no problem with the finish, and an early 70s Grizzly with no crazing problems. Where it is manufactured and finished should not be an excuse for finish problems.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
Doesn't sound like a very solid business model.  Make a bow you know has an inferior finish,  and then just keep replacing bows when customers complain about it.  
Sounds like they are very willing to try and make it right, so customer service is good. But it seems like getting the finish right would be an easier solution.  It can't be that big of a nut to crack, bowyers all over the country make bows that don't develop crazed lines.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 08:28:00 PM »
I'm on the third set of limbs for a takedown that's just over a year old. I've had the third set of limbs for 2 months now without an issue.
I agree that the horizontal stress lines are cosmetic, but it should not be happening on new bows within a month.
Hopefully they have the finish problems worked out now. I shoot the bow daily and no surprises so far.
Andy was always very helpful and handled everything quickly.
It was just disappointing to have it happen on a new bow.....twice, plus it's a pain the keep having to fool with returns.
To Bear's credit, they took care of my issues without question and I couldn't have ask for better customer service than dealing with Andy.

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
I really like Bear bows. I think I'd send it back & see what they sent me.
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Mike Mecredy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
It must be the finish they use or something.
TGMM Family of the bow
USAF, Retired
A.C.B.C.S.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
You paid for a new bow, it should look like a new bow for more than a couple weeks.

I'd send it back and keep sending them back till I got one that does, if they want to argue I'd get my money back.

Eric

Offline damascusdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:00 AM »
Just one more reason I am going to stick with my Bears from the sixties...on them the finish issues like that just add to their character...I think things at Bear Archery were different when Papa Bear was in charge...seems to me he was their number one customer service rep

DDave
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Offline TonyW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
After Andy figures out the cost of shipping you a new bow every month for 15 months, I bet somebody Andy works with will figure out how pick you a winner.

At least you got a new pen pal named Andy out of the deal. Who knows? In 50 years a refinished bow signed by Andy might be a collector's item. I can almost see my unborn grandson holding a vintage Andy "ladder back" Bear in 2063.

Offline Hit-or-Miss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I bought a new Supermag 48" and it had those lines right out of the box. My Old 60's Bears have them, and so does my old Ben Pearson and Wing. They all shoot just fine.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Well, no sleep lost LOL.  I just am amazed in this day and time that a big bow company wanting to get back big in the trad market would just tell you flat out that it is "normal" for their bows finish to go to crap right off the bat--just amazing.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline SARarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
Over the past year I went through a bunch of Bear bows.  All brand new out of the box.  Within the first few shots to the first week they ALL had those annoying lines.  I sent them all back and now have a custom bow from another company.  I had it happen on multiple sets of limbs on a t/d, a GG SK and an Ausable longbow.  Sure, its cosmetic only to my understanding but I don't want to drop $500-800 for a bow and have that happen first week.  The only Bear bow that was flawless was the new Kodiak.  Not a problem at all with that one.
Black Widow PSAX 56#@28"

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
those "lines" will let in moisture --not a matter of "if".....matter of "when"
Mike

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
No way I could be satisfied with a new bow that developed cracks in it like that. I`ve had so many other bows that have had zero issues and for these folks to say its normal is crazy. They should look around a notice that the competition is "crack less" and do some investigating and improving their product.
  It seems they are trying to sell bows from the "name" rather than the quality and service.Which in my opinion is really bad.RC

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
Agree with RC. I've owned a bunch of "Used" bows and none have had stress cracks. If this is a wide spread problem come on Bear, your company and founder are a pillar in our very being. I know trad bows most likely don't make up the majority of your sales but we are your history and your roots.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©