3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Black Widow TD with "SMOOTHED" Over "KNOBS"....Anyone Know Anything About This??  (Read 359 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey all,

Black Widow TD Recurves are one of the bows I'd like to have one day and when I see a thread where someone gets one, I immediately check it out.

I can remember back sometime in the last 8 or 9 months or so a member here posted pics of his new TD that he had them do some extra work on the riser for him.  When you look at the TD risers all of them have those "knobs" on each end.  I don't know what they are actually called, but I am hoping you all know what I am talking about.
Anyway, apparently this owner didn't want those "knobs" on his bow and asked them to grind them off or flatten them down as much as they could, and they did it for him.

He posted pics and the bow was gorgeous.  I like them anyway, but with this mod done to them I think it made it even prettier.

I have been looking for that pic in my collection, but haven't been able to find it.  So I thought I'd ask and see if you all remember what I am talking about and point me to the info and pics on it so I can make sure and get them for possible future use.

Even better if the owner chimes in and posts the pics and tells us what he had the factory do to his bow.

So, if you're out there and own this bow or a BW Recurve that you too had this mod done, how about posting the pics and info so we can check it out and enjoy the beauty.  I need to see that setup again.

C'mon....here's hoping the info on that bow will be coming soon.

Thanks all.

Nalajr

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
I remember seeing that bow too, but can't recall who posted it.     :dunno:
As unique as it was, you may be able to contact Roger at Black Widow and see if he has any pictures of it.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Was it Onestringer ?

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
They will take the "horns" off, to a certain degree, for $25, I think.  That's what they told me a couple years ago when I asked them about it.  But I got pics from someone who had it done and it didn't make a huge difference.  The limb bolts are still in there.  So you could still see the horns, just subdued a little bit.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
I think Bill Kissner has a Widow with the horns smoothed. I think......maybe.   :D
Bill

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
That was me.  I have the horns knocked off.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
Hmmm... never saw a widow like that.  Pretty cool and gorgeous wood on that bow
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
wow...

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah that's it.  GORGEOUS bow for sure.

The only thing is that I'd like to see more pics.  How about some full length shots of her strung up and ready to go?

It also says it's an SA model.  I thought they were PSA, PMA, PHX and so on.  Would that mean it is a PSA with the 18 inch riser?

I wonder what that mod would look like on all of the sizes of risers they have?

Thanks for the info fellas.

Nalajr

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
I think the P is missing because there is no phenolic in the limb butts?? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I had a MA bolivian rosewood and it just said MA-X and didn't have the phenolic.
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Offline skunkhound

• Trad Bowhunter
The P stands for precision. Bows without the P were made before they went CNC.

Offline bogeyrider63

• Trad Bowhunter
Just looked at the link. Man that bow sure is a nice one.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeppers, my buddy Bill Dunn is correct. I have one of the first PCH's built and had Toby to dehorn it. I really like the look and would do it again. Here is a pic of it with one of Bill's quivers

Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©