3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting Practice & Hunting Prep (pic heavy) w/ pics from Tim's first trad hunt added  (Read 1039 times)

Offline BuckeyeGuy

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like you guys are having some fun for sure!  Nice set up..

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Glad to see you out and about, uncle Bernie.
I need to get in geart and get the old bones wrapped around the bow and string and fling a few myself!
Take car and keep on keeping on!
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Sarah

• Trad Bowhunter
I am outrageously jealous of this setup. Just sayin'.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the looks and comments, guys. They mean a great deal to this ol' hoss.

Glad to hear more interest in the Hammock Seat (I don't get anything out of it), as I love to tout anything I find that I really think is worthwhile, as most of you have seen me do in the past with various items. I will never say I like something that isn't really good in my personal opinion.

Gotta watch that random "Thunder", Bish -   :biglaugh:  (You may have to hide it during the hunting season    ;) )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Also noticed this bag deer was "too tall" so I flipped the cement blocks down and retied it. That also makes the blocks a little less inviting a target for those "errant arrows" - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
More pics, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. As soon as Steve can get his daughter, and "lovely assistant", to take some pics of him and the Hammock Seat, or vice versa - so keep checking back.   :clapper:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You certainly have a target rich environment!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I do, I have been blessed over the years with the opportunities to buy good,second hand 3D targets. The only new one I've ever bought was bag tgts, on sale after the season, and L'il Bucky that my wife bought me for my Birthday 2 or 3 years ago. He's really catching his share of arrows now that we moved him. I think Tim has a love affair going on with him - he keeps remembering my earliest admonition of the old adage, "Aim small, miss small", and says it often - LOL.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jackdaw

• Trad Bowhunter
Great stuff Bernie...! Is that a Bob Lee bow you are using...???? Its very nice....LOve those dark bows...! Nice to have a shooting partner who's as enthusiastic as yourself....keep shootin'.....John
John Getz:........... Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like bananas.
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 51#
Ed HOLCOMB 59' KODIAK 47#
67'1/2  BEAR SUPER K  44#
WILSON BROTHERS BLACK WIDOW 60" 45#
LONGRIVER ELK 62" LONGBOW 53#
1967 WING 62" SLIMLINE 43#

Offline solobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
What a cool place to shoot!
USMC 1986-1990

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks, y'all. My bow is my Anneewakee Addiction from John Dill, made by Lee Hoots, a 54" recurve that I call "Blackie".

Today at the Flea market I found anther of those bargain second-hand targets. The guy had been using it for his BB target so it was in great shape - 4 bulls on one side, one large bull on the other. I looked it over, asked the lady what they were asking. She said, "Make me an offer." I grimaced and told her, "I don't really want to do that as I don't want to insult you." She snorted a laugh and said, "How about two dollars, I just want to get rid of it." I couldn't help but laugh, knowing what targets cost. I gave her a twenty and told her to just give me fifteen back, as it was worth five to me. That may sound strange but as I've often said, I've been blessed with finding targets at good prices. Besides those folks have also given us good deals on some of our decoration blow-ups. What goes around comes around, and she was pleased - so was I. Don't know for sure if I'll leave it where it sits but wanted to get it added it to this pictorial.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
now that looks way cool uncle Bernie it almost makes me want to come on over to your place and shoot some.   :clapper:    :clapper:    :biglaugh:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline david janssen

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the pics,makes me wanna grab my selfbow and go shoot some more.
David Janssen

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ha-ha, thank you Jeff. "That Man" used to be the masked Loan Arranger, but I truly hated working for a loan company so I quit, threw my mask away, and became the much happier ber643.

Thanks, David - I also have "exercised" many a self bow on various configurations of my range. It is such a pleasure to be able to walk out the door any time I have the urge and "shoot a few".

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like you're ready for deer season. It was good to see you at the flea market while me and the wife were at the beach...Small world isn't it!
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
It is, Wally, and it surprised the devil out of me. Such a pleasure to see and talk with you and Joyce there. Especially since we hadn't got the chance at the last Sissipahaw shoot. When you tapped me on the shoulder it was like turning around and seeing an apparition. Almost left me speechless for a minute there - if you can imagine that - LOL

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
mmmm i can't  imagine that   :laughing:    :laughing:    who said that
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Ber, can't you get the catepillars off your string?  I had a few hunts at CLNC when I wasn't deployed.  Coastal NC is a great place to hunt.  Is the range at CLNC still in use?
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
They seem to have taken up permanent residence there, Rk. At least they haven't been getting together to propagate though - LOL. They do still have an archery range (and club) at Lejeune but they moved to a new area. It is now located close to the side gate (at Piney Green Rd.) It now (I understand) also incorporates a skeet range and something else as I recall. They say it's real nice but I haven't been to it. I hunted the base for a few years but they got a new Conservation Officer in (from CA) and he had some of his own (West Coast) ideas and changed so many rules and regs I haven't been back for hunting. Still go for Meds, PX, etc. but just haven't driven by the range/club yet. They are doing so much road work on base you never know where you can go from one time to another - LOL. Gonna be nice when they finish though, and keeps a lot of folks employed I'd guess.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©