3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ron LaClair's Longhunter shirt  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Joe Subler

• Trad Bowhunter
Ron LaClair's Longhunter shirt
« on: January 19, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
I was looking at Ron's website at the Longhunter shirts he carries and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to use them in the cold and what their thoughts are about the shirt?  Was wondering also if you've used the heavy or medium shirts.

Joe
62" Mohawk  53#@27"

Offline Scott Gray

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ron LaClair's Longhunter shirt
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
I have one of Ron's heavy weight shirts and really like it. I still wear layers underneath. I have been out in 30 degree weather and been comfortable. They are well made and you cannot beat the price.
BlackCreek Banshee 42 lbs@28

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
I have a wool jacket from NZ, but anything wool is good if Ron sells it
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Just got one today . Shell got it for me for Christmas. Can't wait to wear it bunny hunting .<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline bowbert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
I hunted this year with the heavy shirt.  I'd put it over my wool bibs.  The long tail really helps to lock the heat in.  I love it.  Price and quality are first rate.

Offline Mark Trego

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »
Got mine for Christmas, I got the heavy model, having that xtra length makes alot of difference when you sitting on somthing cold.
" It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:24:00 AM »
Ron, I know you are out there....  Have you ever considerd making that same shirt using a plaid pattern ?  Green plaid and white plaid would make some great "camo", for their respective seasons.  I myself would be interested in some.
ChuckC

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
I've had the wool shirts available my web site for some time. The heavy gray wool has been a popular choice, consequently we're running out of it and probably won't be able to get any more at the same price. I've only got a few shirts left in the gray so please call or email before you order. Thanks
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
Chuck, it's a possibility    :archer:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
White /brown or white/black plaid, similar to that seen in the Gray Wolf site info, in a heavier cloth (its cold when you need white);

and green plaid in a lighter weight cloth (leaves still on trees, maybe don't need so much warmth) might be pretty neat, sounds fun anyway.  Heck, maybe even a heavy cotton flannel instead of wool for the green, long as it is not too dark in appearance.  Flannel could make it even cheaper and be a good start to get us used to wearing and hunting in a long shirt.

Like drugs....get us hooked..then..

Just a thought.
ChuckC  :bigsmyl:

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
next you guys will want an ASAT version   ;)  .  If it is from Ron it has to be great.  That price is very, very, reasonable.
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
ewwwww...ASAT !

Nah..I get teased enough about my plaids as it is.
ChuckC

Offline Hawken1911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
If you were looking at them on Ron's website Joe, you've probably already seen my detailed testimonial, but in short I love my gray shirt and hood  :D  .

BTW Ron, the new photo montage on your website's front page looks great  :thumbsup:  

Paul
ST. HUBERT'S RANGERS, Brotherhood of the Medieval Hunt.
MICHIGAN LONGBOW ASSOCIATION
Scott Spears Osage English longbow,50#@28"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Another positive testimonial here!  Got one this year.  Love it.  It does give you a distinct medieval look.  I put mine on last week to go sledding with the kids with a baclava hood thing and I scared my dogs.  They didn't recognize me.  Gave my family a good laugh.  You'll want to cinch it up with a belt.
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
Like mine!

PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »
neat picture.  could be on Ron's website.  How about posting a picture of that cool looking quiver on your back?
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »
Larry, that shirt really looks good on you     :thumbsup:   I wish mine had more folds and wrinkles  in it, the WIDE belt helps.     :biglaugh:  

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Here it is!(the fur is a silver fox I bought in Wash. State!

Ron can post it if he wants to, but he might scare off most of his customers! Say that could help reduce the delivery time on his bows!!
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
Wow!  That is a really nice quiver.  

Boy, if you bumped into either of these guys in the woods you might think you've stepped into a warp in the space time continuum, "uh, is this 2007 or 1707?" A couple of walking anachronisms.  And that's a compliment!  Of course, that's sort of the point of shooting a stick and a string!

:thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©