3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a super durable bow  (Read 277 times)

Offline LB_hntr

• Trad Bowhunter
a super durable bow
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
I just got done putting my bowfishing gear away for the year as my schedule wont allow me another night up until 5 or 6am this time of year. as i was whiping down my longbow i tohught to myself all that it has been thru in the 9 years it has been a desiganted bowfishing bow. The bow has spent 9 years, 8 months a year covered in fish guts, scales, and blood. It has spent countless miles bouncing around on a aluminum ribbed air boat floor. It has spend hundreds of miles bouncing around on the floor of my jon boat going down the road on the trailer. it has been stepped on on the deck of the boat a  million times. kicked overboard 4 times. used to push off sand bars and stumps a few times. Basically it has spent 9 years getting the crap kicked out of it and i fully expect it to last another 9 doing the same stuff.
  The bow is a Thunder stick bow by Jim Reynolds. It was made for me as a gift from my hunting buddy about 14 years ago as a thank you for helping him build his house. it was my first longbow and the bow that made me switch over to a longbow ever since. I dont hunt with that bow anymore as its a designated fishing bow. But i just have to say, I cant believe the abuse it has taken. I know there are alot of people on here that shot his bows and i thought you might like to hear what mine has been thru so thought i would share.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: a super durable bow
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
I'd love to see pictures of your faithful bowfishing companion.

I'm sure your testimony about his "Thundersticks" will put a smile on Mr Reynolds face.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
I am not surprised.  What model is it by the way?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
I second Mudds thoughts.  Keys see some pics of the brute!!!!
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Sounds to me like you owe it to the bow to take it back in the woods for a hunting season........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Sounds to me like you owe it to the bow to take it back in the woods for a hunting season........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©