3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: simmons shark or magnus stinger bzct? and paper tune?  (Read 402 times)

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
simmons shark or magnus stinger bzct? and paper tune?
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
just looking for a little reasurance either way.
I have 165 sharks and 125 buzzcuts.
I was all set to use the sharks getting perfect bullet holes through paper and grouping good.   the 125s showed a .5-1in.right tear so slightly stiff with an occcasional slight kick when shooting. until some testing  yesterday. I just put a new string on two weeks ago the string i bought was the same as my old one exept 1 in shorter ( 60 in bow 56 in. string. old one was a 57 in string with alot of twists) and the cat whiskers i put on are a little lighter than the previous ones on my old string. needles to say it sped my bow up just enough so now the 125s shoot perfct bullets and the 165s show a slight weak reaction.
so I took one shark and one stinger and two fp of matching weight. and a new target i did not notice any accuracy differance between the two(under 20 yds) except for my execution. the shark did penatrate deeper. so now i need to decide. I am leaning towards the sharks but the paper holes have me questioning this.
any thoughts would be appreciated i know this is kind of a dumb thread.   :dunno:  
thanks Tim.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: simmons shark or magnus stinger bzct? and paper tune?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
not a dumb thread at all but wondering why your jumping from 165's to 125's?  that right tear makes sense showing a slightly stiffer spine but that might be able to be fixed.   also,  I bet that string is still stretching,, but if you really want to use the 125'try taking the brace down 2 turns and see what the tear does, maybe 2 more which should be a total of 1/8" less,, pay attention to the noise from the bow too.

now I'm a bit confused because are you putting the old string back on?  bottom line is whatever broadhead is hititng the spot and whowing the best flight,, the simmons will need to be sharpened and the magnus could use a stropping i bet,,,, if I could I'd always opt for the heavier weight,,, both heads deer is still down no problem,,, my theory is the sharpest will always spill the most blood.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: simmons shark or magnus stinger bzct? and paper tune?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
Actually what i said was the 125s as of now are showing the perfect tear and the 165s are showing a left tear. before i put the new string on it was the opposite exept a right tear with the 125s
 And no im not putting the old string back on i was just letting everyone know what was different. when i ordered the old string the guy at 3 rivers told me to take off my existing string a measure it so i did and it was 57 in. so thats what he recomended i get the thing steatched a lot. so this time round i got a 56 in. at first by brace was a inch. off of normal but it has settled in nicely.
good point on playing with the BH i do have it set at 7 3/4 instead of my usual 7 5/8
I will have to play around a little more but Im still leanig towards the sharks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©