3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator Classic take down  (Read 268 times)

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator Classic take down
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:00 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knew if draw weight on the Predator Classic TD recurve bow can be adjusted slightly by backing off of limb bolts?  I read somewhere that it is possible and I read another source that said no.

Anyone know for sure?

Doug
But you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ lives within you. Romans 8

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator Classic take down
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »
No, I do not think that will work.
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
The Predator 3-piece take down recurve possesses the very soul of traditional archery with hand picked premium exotic hardwoods and state of the art Futurewood. Designed and crafted by master bowyer, Ron Pittsley, Predator Bows have been one of the most sought after custom bows within traditional archery's most elite inner circles. In addition to the popular custom 3-piece design, Predator Bows offers the same high quality workmanship and performance to mainstream bowhunters with the "Hunter" take down model. While the new Velocity Riser is a high-tech variant of the Predator, machined from a solid aluminum billet and featuring independent pivoting limb mounts (pockets).

These pivoting limb mounts allow for slight draw weight adjustments and precise tiller tuning while accepting the interchangeable P.L.F. (Predator Limb Fit) system.

Notice the second paragraph of this snippet take from the 3Rivers site concerning the pivoting limb mounts that allow for some draw weight adjustment.  I have not heard this from any other source and though someone here might have a Predator TD Recurve bow.

I guess I could always call 3Rivers to see what they might have to say.

Doug
But you brethren are not of the flesh but of the Spirit if indeed the Spirit of Christ lives within you. Romans 8

Offline dougedwards

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by dougedwards:
The Predator 3-piece take down recurve possesses the very soul of traditional archery with hand picked premium exotic hardwoods and state of the art Futurewood. Designed and crafted by master bowyer, Ron Pittsley, Predator Bows have been one of the most sought after custom bows within traditional archery's most elite inner circles. In addition to the popular custom 3-piece design, Predator Bows offers the same high quality workmanship and performance to mainstream bowhunters with the "Hunter" take down model. While the new Velocity Riser is a high-tech variant of the Predator, machined from a solid aluminum billet and featuring independent pivoting limb mounts (pockets).

These pivoting limb mounts allow for slight draw weight adjustments and precise tiller tuning while accepting the interchangeable P.L.F. (Predator Limb Fit) system.

After reading this again it seems to be saying that only the Velocity riser has this capability.  I called and left a message with the manufacturers of Predator Bows just to make sure.

Doug

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
I have heard you can have a slight weight and tiller adjustment with their new Velocity riser because of the limb mounts on  this new metal riser.Would not try it on the wood riser.If that were true you could back off limb bolts on any T/D bow with bolt down limbs.Might not make full engagement of the limb locator pin.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
I would definitely NOT adjust draw weight in any way on a Predator Classic recurve bow. It is not made to be adjusted in that manner. I have owned two of them and they are great bows.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
NO!  :nono:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©