3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014  (Read 11498 times)

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Got a hunt Sunday in with my little girl. She wanted her turn with Hope and I thought mojo wise, why not!  We got there plenty early and the food plot of sunflowers, wheat and Austrian peas look great.

*The princess enjoying some music.

We got all set up and I figured we could get a turkey to come to this great looking field at least. I brought along a mouth call and did some subtle yelps and kee kees. Well wouldn't you know out of the right corner of the blind I see a bird slipping out of the creek. Just when I thought we were golden a huge hawk swooped in and nearly grabbed a young poult. All hades broke loose and the long story short, no bird. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and one of us slept.

I did see a coyote while she was sleeping and tried to mouth squeak him to me. No dice. He and the blind were not fans of each other. I kept my windows in but he still took issue with it. Wiley suckers!

*Grounder 350 view

I feel certain that once all of the crops are out of the field this will be a good spot. Keeping the doe family group near here happy will hopefully insure a buck later in the month for Ms Hope.

*Future hotspot

At nights end I snapped a pic of Ms Hope and a certain little girl and I scampered off to home for some supper. We didn't get into a shot for Ms Hope and the hawk and coyote might have messed up our chances but we had fun. Time spent with a healthy child knowing there are others in Memphis that appreciate and need our help make hunting with Hope a joy and a privilege!

Mike Davenport

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
Very nice Mike   :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :clapper:
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Awesome Mike! That is what it is all about!

Can't wait to hear more from you and Boyd!

Bisch

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »
Great Stuff so far. Congrats Mike and Seth!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Just a quick update with Hope...we are still hitting it hard. Had a shot at a nice doe last night but it was ruined by coyotes. I made a shot that was just a little back, not guts but most likely one lung and liver. She ran into the thickest piece I own. By the time I got back to her one hour later all I had left was a head and neck! I have a real coyote problem that will need solving before next fall. She went about 175 yards with great blood. I know better than to leave a deer over night here but one hour is crazy!

I did get in a hunt over the weekend with my son. I took a page out of Gurus book and used a ladder stand with 2 sections instead of three. I put him in the ladder and used my lone wolf hang on above him. The set worked and will work again. We will try it again this weekend. I am hoping with the cooler temps and the prerut in full swing we will get a shot at a buck before Ms Hope leaves us.

*leafy suit plus kindle and a 3 hour sit for a figidty boy

I will keep you guys updated on her. I have 4 days off in the next 7 and the scrape lines are getting hit hard. I am seeing more bucks in daylight hours and feel like it is just a matter of time before we get another opportunity!
Mike Davenport

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Keep after them Mike. No luck with Faith yet yesterday afternoon  the deer came out  and never came torwads my ground blind so I hung a climber in the area they went lol tonight they came out and went straight towards my blind go figure........ :)

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Keep after 'em guys!

Bisch

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Mike: congratulations to you and your son on those fine birds. Looks like ill be up next and I hope to carry on the tradition you have already started with that fine little bow.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by stabow:
Keep after them Mike. No luck with Faith yet yesterday afternoon  the deer came out  and never came torwads my ground blind so I hung a climber in the area they went lol tonight they came out and went straight towards my blind go figure........   :)  
Sounds like Faith is just playing hard to get...   :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Well I am mailing out Ms Hope today. Hunted hard over the weekend and squeezed in one final hunt to see if my little guy could help with the mojo. We hunted hard and for a kid of 11 he sits still pretty good! We just couldn't convince a buck to come play Saturday.

Friday afternoon I got to watch a great 3 1/2 year old 8 point do his thing: scraping, rubbing and and then snort wheezing at a little spike that was under my stand. Just when I think Ms Hope is gonna get her buck and start to draw, the little spike blew! He had been run off by the bigger buck but had slipped into my back door. The big 8 eased off and stood forever. I nearly had him come back to a wheeze but he caught me drawing, turning to me and offering a crappy look. I let down and the gig was up.

I am mailing her off a couple days early. I won't get back into the woods until the weekend and I had a good run with her. I killed a beautiful hen turkey, killed a doe that the yotes robbed from me, and had an encounter with two really good bucks. We had a full 3 weeks! More importantly I got to hunt with Hope and had my children with me. She represents Hope for a lot of great kids that will grow to be as healthy as my two children. Good luck with her to the rest of the hunters and many thanks to Terry and Tradgang for entrusting me her. Also thank you Sarrels Archery for stepping up for this great cause!
Mike Davenport

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
I sent Faith off today also . Really great shooting bow I enjoyed my time with her good luck to everyone that's in line to hunt with her this year.........stabow

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
Terry, and others

Since this will be my first dance with Hope, I looked to see if there were any special rules/ instructions that detail Hope and Faiths use and could not find any.

I assume that once on the list the bow will be shipped out to next on the list as chosen for each month.  And that it will be each persons responsibility to pay shipping to the next guy/gal on the list, is there any other code of conduct?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
“Hope” has arrived, and I’m off work tomorrow. Let me get rid of these ghost and goblins’ that are running up and down my street, looking for candy, and I’ll feel you in on the details

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
The door bell rings and when I open the door there’s a new mail person holding a 6” by 3’ p.v.c tube.  She has me sign for it and then says “I just got to know what you have in this” So I tell her about Trad gang and hope and faith along with the St.judes action and she gets all excited and says she has a replica Lords Of The Rings bow And would love to see Hope .Twenty min later I catch her before she leaves for another street and she gets to hold Hope. Then she handed it back to me and says “that’s the coolest thing I’ve ever delivered.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »
First shot from 15yrds, Hope is ready to go hunting in the morning.  

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
How about that Hope and Faith are both in Ohio .... :)
Good luck fellows.........stabow

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Thank you Boyd.

Faith is in Ohio...have a busy weekend with the kids but will match her up with some arrows get some pictures and am taking Monday off work......
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Beautiful bow!!  Very nice grip.  Incredibly smooth out to my 30" draw and VERY quiet.

Can't wait to hunt her.  Maybe Sunday, definitely Monday.

TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
I Took Hope hunting this morning down south on some public land.
Today was the first day of small game and the state released around a 100 pheasants and the bird hunters were all over those fields. I set up a few ridges over at the bottom of a saddle.
 At 7:00am a large doe came running down off the ridge on a trail around 15 yards out in front of me, she was running at full speed right past me and over the next ridge.
Around 8:00 an 8pt buck in the 130 range came busting down the same trail as he entered my first shooting lane I whistled at him, I then barked at him just before he entered my second shooting lane.
That stopped him 15yards out and standing behind cover, only shot was his head or his neck.

He looked  right through me kneeling their in my plaid shirt , just when I thought he was going to step out a volley of shots rang out up the ridge, and he was off. Man this stuff is fun.

« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Go get 'em ceme and thunp!

Good luck, guys!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©