3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014  (Read 11527 times)

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
Took Hope out this past Saturday evening, No luck think I’ll give it a try in the morning before work.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Great stories so far guys! I can't wait to get my chance with Hope. I've got a while to wait still (Dec., 2014), so keep the mojo alive, and good luck to everyone before me.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2013, 06:21:00 PM »
Great picture thump!

Ended up staying home with a sick child today.  Trying to hit work hard the next couple of days so I can put together a 3-4 day hunt this weekend.

Wind looks better for later in the week.  Today would've been a tougher hunt.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
Keep after it guys
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2013, 08:37:00 PM »
Had a decent day today.   Most of the leaves have fallen in the large trees so my birds moved. I didn't see anything in the morning.

I still hunted part of the property I had not been on in a while and found a bunch of rubs.  

I spent the afternoon doing something I don't often do - I sat on the ground and not in a tree.

I had a blast.  Saw 5 deer and called a little 3pt in with a grunt call.  I thought he might run from it but he pinpointed me from 70yards out and came within 10 yards of me.  He spent 15 minutes trying to figure me out and what grunted.  He never offered a shot.  I am kind of glad because I have no deer in the freezer and I would've taken it.

Don't worry about the bow quiver.  It's an EFA. It won't leave any mark, not even a smudge.  They are very gentle on bows.

TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
Good luck Colin,I’m packed and leaving for a 5 day hunt in southern Ohio, and Hope is coming along.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Well, I have had Faith out a few more times but I am just not serving her well.  It seems this season isn't mine.  The wind has done me in a couple of times.  It swings  180 after setting up and doesn't seem to watch the weather forecasts.

Tonight was done in by someone target shooting a variety of guns a few hundred yards from me.  

I will keep plugging away!  I really do like this bow
TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Good luck guys!

Bisch

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
Y'all in Ohio may be a little ahead of us up here in northern Michigan, but the rut is really just starting to heat up good. When a different weather system blows in, I think everyone should have some descent action. Keep at it, and good luck!
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Any news?

And Colin, congrats to your son on his deer!

Bisch

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2013, 06:29:00 PM »
Modr has agreed to let me hunt Faith through this weekend.  They are moving around more again now and I will be able to put some decent time in the woods with her.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
I took hope out tonight, l had to get out of my stand at sunset due to it being youth gun season, and after I lowered my bow to the ground a doe came walking by. Looks like I’ll be shipping the bow out to Ladams this week

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Thump,
I hate to make this worse but Ohio changed rules this year.  You can hunt until 30 min after official sunset in gun season.

You should verify on ODNR website but that's the way I read it.

It's been tough in some parts of ohio this year for sure
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ladams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Just got word that hope is headed my way,
I cant wait, I will be headed out to the lease as soon as she arrives, I will keep everyone updated.
Larry
Soverign balistick 62"62#@28
Soverign balistick 62"60#@28
Krewson Snakey Osage 64" 52#@28
Seven lakes longbow 64" 59#@28
Moab 62"58#@28"
Big Jim thunderchild 58" 50@28"

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »
19 degrees here this morning at sunrise.  No wind.  The good thing about weather like this is you can see and hear for a mile.  The bad news is deer hear better than we do and see movement pretty well. I was busted by a doe that I didn't know was there when I tried to reposition my cold and sore leg.

I love looking at tracks in the snow.

I followed this one to here.   Looks like the work of more than a couple dirty birds!

TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Good luck with Hope Larry!

Colin, that snow is beautiful, but I'm glad it is up there and not down here in TX! It looks COLD!!!!

Bisch

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »
Good luck Larry
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
Well, today could've been better but I still have zero complaints as it was really a great day spent bowhunting!

It was a very special hunt.  I happen to be the proud owner of Faith 2013.  So, I scrounged up another lefty (Magnus) and we had an All Faith hunt today!  

He hunted 2014 and I hunted 2013.  It was significantly warmer today Bisch - started out at 22.  We got in right at the start of hunting time, and I had just got done setting up when a buck came in. I was literally lacing my boots after putting my heavy socks on and he came in.  I had trouble finding a spot this AM and unfortunately I crossed his path which stopped him from hitting my shooting lane.  He was within 5 yards at one point though.

We also saw over a dozen turkey and I saw a total of 6 deer...here's a couple of pics:

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
In the afternoon I had a very nice Ohio buck come within shooting range, but on the wrong side of me!!!  He was the largest buck I have had within bow range in my life.  I spooked him as I tried to turn - he had VERY good hearing.  I don't think he ever saw me.  I will let Matt pick up the story from here as I spooked him Matt's way.  All totaled I saw 4 bucks and 2 doe along with quite a bit of turkeys seen and even more heard.  

In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures of the girls.  I will packaging Faith 2014 up and sending her on to Modr...I had a GREAT time with her!  Thank you for the opportunity.  I wish I would've sealed the deal though.

Faith 2013 meets Faith 2014 afield:

TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
Sounds like great day in the woods to me, Colin!

Can't wait to hear the rest from Matt!

Btw, 22 is WAY to cold for me!

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©