3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Ladams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Great job Zane.....
Soverign balistick 62"62#@28
Soverign balistick 62"60#@28
Krewson Snakey Osage 64" 52#@28
Seven lakes longbow 64" 59#@28
Moab 62"58#@28"
Big Jim thunderchild 58" 50@28"

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
:notworthy:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Offline HawkeyeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2014, 02:41:00 PM »
Well done!

« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »
Any word on what the girls have been up to?

Bisch

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2014, 08:10:00 PM »
I know Faith is headed to Texas!!!!    :jumper:    :jumper:
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »
Ok, just got in from a trip out Florida way for business and Faith was waiting on me!  Got her opened up and put together and will be shooting her pretty quick and off to chase hogs for 4 days starting tomorrow!  I've got Faith in Faith!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
Tell us what she likes shot out of her for you Barry  :)

Gotta start thinking about what I'm going to shoot from her in Sept  ;)

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Bud I'm shooting some 60-65 lb woodies that are 30.5" long with 145 2 blade steel force saber cut broadheads and have a four fletch pattern on them!!!!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
You draw her pretty long though, right?

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2014, 08:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Bob Sarrels:
Thanks to Bisch for posting all these pics.  Bows hit the post office about an hour ago and are on the way to Terry in Ga.  Enjoy guys.   Bob and Zach
I just went back and re-read pages 1-4.

And we ALL thank YOU Bob and Zach. Looking back at their creation is astounding as to the attention to detail you both provided in these bows.

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2014, 07:35:00 PM »
Yes Bud at least 29.5"

Faith and I had a fun but disappointing day today as we explored my favorite public land hunting spot! This spot has always produced hogs for me but this year it is obvious Faith and I will be seeking pork elsewhere!   More to come ... Gotta eat some food!

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Well Faith and I arrived in the morning with high expectations and began the walk in to figure out exactly where the hogs where staying and how best to stalk them and then leave some bait for them...
On our intitial walk we began seeing things like this...

And we walked some more and saw some more things like this...

and a little longer into our walk we saw this...

It was beginning to feel like we were hunting the wrong species this time around!!!  We kept pressing on and I worked my way over to where the old waller used to be and my eyes got this peeking through the bush...

The shine is still on the horns and it caught my eye as we passed through.  Obviously a kill that was not found...

We went on through the day walking the complete section and said to report there was no sign of hogs anywhere!!!!  I did come across an old hog playtoy that I had made and left there so I picked it up and Faith and I called it a day early!  

We did see lots of whitetail deer and had a great time just being out....

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Nice walk Barry. You gonna keep that skull? Hopefully so and the wardens will leave you alone if you do.

Any evidence of what weapon might have been used to shoot it?

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Bud,sorry regs wont let us take things off public land...No idea on the weapon but this particular place is mostly archery hunting.

Today with Faith was quite COLD and frustrating!  I called my friend who has a nice ranch 45  min from home and he said to have at it with Faith and chasing the hogs...

So we got off to a late start thanks to a flat front tire on my pickup!   When we finally got to the ranch I had made up my mind how I wanted to hunt today but decided to check his BIG feeder before I set off for the creek and some spot and stalking.  Well when I drove down the hill and rounded the corner to his big feeder, there were 5 black hogs eating from it.  They took off when they heard my truck!  I drove a hundred of so yards down the road and then parked and got dressed for the cold and grabbed Faith and took off on a spot and stalk for those 5 hogs....

We traveled up and down and up and down and then I smelled it...I kept walking right into the smell and sure enough we were gaining on them.  A fresh spot of pee!!!  We finally saw them and stalked to  within about 30 yards in a draw but the wind betrayed us at the last few yards and those hogs took off in a run!!! Well we let them go and made the long walk back towards the truck and set up to watch the feeder for a while and see what else came in....

I was covered up with Mule Deer.  They were everywhere!  I knew our scent control was good because I had one doe almost walk right in our set  up.... Unfortunately no more hogs showed up today but we had a blast!  Did I mention how cold it was?  I got home and hugged the bride and she said," Man you are cold, did you not have your heater on?"  I replied, "Sure did the whole 45 minute drive!"  So I have settled in by the fire, Faith on the rack, devising a plan for tomorrow...
Sorry no pics today, the phone was low on battery!

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
Sounds like a great time, keep us posted.  And take good care of that bow I will have Faith in August.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Good going guys. Keep the stories and pics coming. Feel like I am there with you
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
Well call me a whimp or whatever but it is 6 degrees outside and the wind blowing 20mph with snow falling.  Needless to say Faith and I are holding tight to the house and enjoying the fire!  We pack our bags tonight  and head for the Mountains in the morning, who knows what we will get into up there!!!

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
Woohoo hope arrived today and pictures don't do her justice.  I think there is going to be a battle next St Jude's auction over her.  I didn't have work today so I was lucky enough to be here when FedEx delivered.  Within an hour I had her strung up and shooting in the basement.  I usually can't shoot a longbow but she feels real good in my hand and the arrows hit where I was hoping.  Kevin aka KWC stopped by on his way home from work and also got some shooting in.  He agreed she is really nice.  Unfortunately deer season just closed but I am going to try to get out tomorrow for squirrel.  Next weekend she will get to meet Shawn and the gang in Selkirk.  Hopefully we will get a lot of shots at bunnies!  Will check in tomorrow night and tell of our adventures. Thanks Terry and Curt  for getting me on the list.
peter Osimanti

Offline TexasStick81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2014, 09:04:00 PM »
Pete, glad she made the trek safely.  I was honored to have had her for January and to be a part of this experience.  There is a great sense of community on this site and the Hope and Faith pass around is such a cool part of it.  I'll be following the thread and hoping you guys have continued success with them.
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 55@29

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©