3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014  (Read 11525 times)

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
Spotted a decent bear early on, but he was in a loud spot.  Decided to leave him be, and look for him later in the day; maybe he'd be in a quieter stalking location.
Never saw him again after I walked away from him though    :knothead:   .  But here he is then:

And another of him, just above the brush line.

"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
The little black spot in the middle of the pic in the green circular opening is a toad of a bear that I saw briefly before he disappeared into the spruce for the rest of the day.  Had a lot better view of him thru my 10x binos.

"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Tim,

Excellence pic's of Faith!  Looking for some Red to go along with the Blue berries.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: August 23, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
Saw two other bears several miles away at the end of the day, they may as well have been in Australia for the little daylight I had left and the miles I had on my legs.  They were just little spots even in my binos.
That was it for critter action.  It will haunt me that I couldn't get out more with the Faith bow but I'm very thankful for the time I had with it.
As of today it is in the mail to Bud B and I must say that the critters on the East Coast will be living dangerously !
It did rain a bit in the middle of things the other day but the scenery afterwards more than made up for it.  Thanks again to the Sarrels tribe for some time with one of their creations.

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: August 24, 2014, 04:43:00 AM »
That last pic is amazing! You're so very lucky to actually be there and witness that beauty with your own eyes.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Pheonixarcher:
That last pic is amazing! You're so very lucky to actually be there and witness that beauty with your own eyes.
What he said!!!!!!

That looks like an awesome place to hang out in the woods!

Bisch

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: August 25, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
I just arrived home to find a torpedo next to the door. My wife had to sign for it. Faith is now in NC! I'll open her in the AM.

I understand what folks are saying about the package and shipping now, Tim. OUCH! Shipping from AK is a booger!!

Will post more tomorrow.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
I grabbed a single Surewood Douglas Fir arrow 60/65 from the arrow crock and went to the deer target. 190 up front.

After just a few minutes the green disc (a large pool noodle slice) was getting hit regularly from 15 yards. I think I have found the arrow combo for her. Magnus made'em for me a few years ago to my specs, and no, I am not a Green Bay Packers fan. I just like the colors. I came back inside on this shot.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2014, 06:06:00 PM »
Whip would be proud of your color choice    :bigsmyl:   Don't those Sarrels shoot sweet ... I am still dinking around with arrow combos, I thought I had it then changed to some newly fletched Bemin MFX Classics that shoot real nice too ... plus I do have some 60/65's I got from Papa Frank I may have to try too    :dunno:    :dunno:    I head out Suday for a few days dove hunting, with my shot gun, and then on to deer and then maybe elk the next few weeks. Elk closes the 14th ... my new Titanium ankle is coming along nicely so I hope I will at least get to scare something. My distance will be limited but I know a few honey holes if the weather and the rut cooperate.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »
You Boys need to get something red on those arrows to break up all those "Cheezy" colors   :readit:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:00 PM »
Sept 13th opens NC's season. An agonizing wait...tick-tock.....

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2014, 12:11:00 AM »
Cheezy colors .... I'm still try'n to get the FROG goo off Hope, red is on the way be patient. I'll smear some huckleberry blood on an arrow before October gets here,

TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by elkken:
Cheezy colors .... I'm still try'n to get the FROG goo off Hope, red is on the way be patient. I'll smear some huckleberry blood on an arrow before October gets here,
Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one, Ken!

Bisch

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: August 31, 2014, 05:57:00 AM »
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: August 31, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
I have Hope all packed up and we head out in about two hours to go dove hunting for two days, deer hunting for four or five days and finish up with elk for four or five days ... I will be taking lots of pics     :archer2:

TGMM Family of the Bow

« Reply #355 on: August 31, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »
Good luck, ken!

Bisch

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: September 03, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Bud stopped by tonight and brought Faith with him. She is a really nice shooting bow. I really love the small grip on her. I really hope Bud gets a deer early with her. I would love to try and get one with her too.
Resident Hog Slayer

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: September 04, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Still tinkering with Faith. I made up some 60/65 cedars with some 125gr points. I'm going to try 145gr next on them.

I called Bob and we had a brief but nice chat about Faith. He recommended an 8" brace.

Bob makes a nice bow for sure. And Bob seems like a fella I could hang around with easily. Good thing for ya Bob that I don't live near you. I'd be a pest around the shop, I'm sure. Thanks for taking time to talk with me.

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: September 05, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
Good luck Bud! Awesome video Curt   :thumbsup:

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: September 05, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Was thinking about hitting Waccamaw, Damon. But not in this ungodly heat!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©