3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014  (Read 11483 times)

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hope and Faith Sarrels of 2014
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2013, 08:30:00 AM »
Terry told me I was 2nd in line for October that would be great our season starts the 15th. Will find out later today if Faith is heading my way......  :)
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
Can't wait to see the lineup....hoping I get to spend time with Faith also...

Regardless though, good to have Hope and Faith to read about again.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Break her in for me stabow!

Rumor has it she may be coming north for the Ohio rut and fall turkey season after taking care if business in Bama, but I know there is alot Terry has to work through in coordinating these bows movements.

No matter what, watching the hunts with these bows is really a bright spot for me!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
I have a spot pick out for her, a blind set up on a trail leading to a food plot will check out arrow flight  soon as I get her should be here Monday or Tuesday next week.   :bigsmyl:

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
Go gettem guys.   Hope yall have a great time with these bows.  It was fun building them.  Best of luck to all.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2013, 07:26:00 PM »
Faith is in the house she arrived a little bit ago, she is a beauty I manage to shoot a few arrows out of her tonight without much of any adjustment and she was shooting great will try some wood arrows tomorrow and adjust the nock a little.
Thanks Bob she is a beauty   :campfire:    :campfire:

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Lay it on 'em Boyd!

Anxious to see the lineup for Faith.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
Terry said yesterday that Faith's (the lefty) dance card has some slots open!!!!! Come on lefties lets get those dates covered!!!
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Work in progress on original post...filling in as I get time...looks like we are going to need more left handers for sure.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
How about some St. Jude's arrows and broad heads  to go hunting with the St. Jude's Miss Faith.....stabow

Come on lefties lets go.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
:jumper:     :jumper:    :archer2:

Good luck Boyd .... can't beat that St Jude mojo
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
I'd say it's game time Boyd!

Come on lefties!  Time to step up!
Ken Adkins

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
I got a bomb proof tube and beautiful bow in the mail over lunch. I am going to rush home and shoot this pretty girl named Hope after work. I have several days off and will be getting her into the woods Friday afternoon. Stay tuned! I am like a kid at Christmas  :)  

The guys at Sarrels Archery did an outstanding job. Stunning work of art that is gonna see some Illinois whitetails! Thanks so much fellas!
Mike Davenport

Offline britt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »
Hello, Iam a leftie. How do I get on the list and whats the requirements? How does all this work?
"My gratitude speaks when I care and when I share the trad. way"

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
December 2014!  Awesome!!!
Ken Adkins

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
Ken Adkins

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
Hope Day 1

Ok I got her unpacked and home. I literally put three in the money at 20 with no adjustments. Then shot after shot where I needed. She likes 70-75 Doug Fir at 30.5 inches and an Ace Standard, 160 gr. Within an hour we were like peas and carrots.

*First three from 20 yards.

I had an hour and half till dark and decided to slip into some edge cover 1/4 mile from the house. I had some does there last night as I was glassing and a couple of bucks that needed a closer look. So with my ghille, my cheap stool and Hope I eased across the road and into some standing beans. I had a great wind and a place I wanted to get to. Time was short!

I no sooner sat down and a fat doe came into the field about 80 yards away. I decided to go for it and started slipping to her. Each time she put her head down to eat I moved along the field edge hugging the fencerow. I got caught by some brush sticking out in the field and waited. As I looked over the rise with my glass I saw two bucks feeding in the fence row ahead. With light getting short I backed out of the field. I circled to a field road that runs parallel to the field and made my way close to the fence row about where the bucks should have been.

I looked up to see a great 3 1/2 year old buck walking to me from the field. I looked to my right at 20 yards and there is a big ol scrape. I eased to my knees and off the road pronto. He came in facing me and started tearing the scrape up. I was kinda caught out in the open but my ghille is pretty cool...store bought but cool. As I was thinking of how to get an arrow to him or get him to turn I made a little crinkle in the leaves. Bad move...he stood and stared with me on two bad knees for a long, long time. I just didn't make eye contact. He never spooked and he never gave me an ethical shot. Quartering to was the best I had and I elected to pass. At dark he eased back to the field and I took the long way home to not spook all the deer in the field.

So, how's that for a first night with Hope? My God if they all go that way I will have a dump truck full of memories and some dead critters. Stay tuned...this is gonna be a fun month!

*Beautiful.

*Checkering and riser gorgeous

*Braced at 7 1/8.
Mike Davenport

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Great hunt Mike!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
Keep after them, Mike!

Good luck!

Bisch

Offline Bob Sarrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2013, 09:39:00 AM »
Wow Mike  way to get it started.
Now then, get your weapons ~ your quiver and bow ~ and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.  Gen. 27.3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©