3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Notes  (Read 116 times)

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
Notes
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Man don't you love it when taking notes saves you some work? Just went to tune my arrows to my bow since I just stretched in a new string. Followed my notes from the last time i set up the string, (brace height/knock point) and man who woulda guessed,, it punched a perfect hole on the first shot. This year I'm going to try keeping notes on my hunts for the first time. Man I hope it helps me learn something lol so maybe getting closer to game will become more frequent. How many of you guys keep field notes?
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »
I used to keep a bunch, like times I saw game, the moon phase and temp and weather details. I was fairly young maybe 20 until I was about 25. I really believed it helped. One thing I still swear by is when the moon is directly overhead(Full) or directly under foot(Dark) the best deer movement is mid-day, say from 11am-2pm. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Notes
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
I do.  I started taking notes in 1968 kinda haphazardly until 1975.  Then I decided I would write a bit for every hunt that I've been on.  Obviously, the date, temperature, wind direction, which stand I'll be hunting, what game I saw, etc.  It's fun to look back over my previous years hunts to see if there are any patterns to what the deer are doing.  I usually hunt between 50 - 55 times each season.

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©