3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Who Prefers Bean Boots out West?  (Read 435 times)

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who Prefers Bean Boots out West?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 06:05:00 PM »
I have a pair & really like them. If the ground is wet they are fantastic. They are pretty quiet too. If I'm in the rocks or steep country I much prefer a boot with more agressive tread, but I use them a lot.
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
I have used my LL Beans (my favorite hunting boot regardless of the terrain) in Colorado many times.  I have had no trouble packing/hunting  with them in around Montrose, Mt. Zirkel , Steamboat Spring, and  Flat Top area.  That said they are no good on the red mountain clay after a storm.  I came home and bought a quality pair of air bob sole boots.  And just don't like the noise they make.

I would not make that area a first time hunt for them.  Wearing them on a mountain is a learning process all about foot placement.  The Native Americans hunted that country in moccasins.  And I can wear moccasins on hilly country but not on the mountains.

If you find them uncomfortable try another manufactures insole before giving up on them.  

I usually hunt in snow with them also, its all about moving slow.  I just hate the noise a lug sole creates.
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline JApple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 11:52:00 PM »
Two Strings,

I use Bean Boots to still hunt here in Texas and they are the best, no doubt.  I'm about to head out on an elk hunt in CO next week and the consensus was to buy hiking boots. I purchased a pair of Lowa's at REI,  about $200 but they are extremely comfortable and quiet. Require very little break-in and are waterproof.  I would suggest a good pair of medium weight hikers for early season hunting in the mountains. I'll let you know how the Lowas work after next week but so far I've been really impressed.  Good luck,

J

Offline jax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
They are only god for putting and getting some wood off the prch

Offline recurve maine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 06:44:00 AM »
I wear beans but when I hunt anything super rugged I wear Lacrosse Real-tree Areo's Awesome boot with tons of support
1972 Lefty Browning Nomad 51lb @ 30.5
62" Lefty Sammick Sage 66lb @ 30.5
In Search of a custom Lefty long bow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©