3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura Glove  (Read 1819 times)

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Dura Glove
« on: September 10, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
I have been shooting with different tabs but have decided to go back to the glove.
I pulled out several gloves and tabs yesterday and the Dura glove works the best for me. Like a tab but cant seem to adjust for whatever reason.
I called 3 Rivers Archery and they assured me that the problems with the Dura glove no longer exist.
There was a period of time they had some problems with inconsistency in size,ect.
I'm glad to hear that because I like the Dura Glove, no bulk around my fingers and get a good release.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura Glove
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:31:00 PM »
I ordered two dura gloves maybe 2 months ago. I asked the guy on the phone to please take them out of the pack and make sure they matched in size because that is why I was ordering two at the time. I wanted two that were close to the same as I have heard bad things about them being inconsistent. I had one I bought years ago and loved it. Well, I got the two gloves and the packs had not been opened. One was the size I ordered and hoped for only the fingers from the mid knuckle down were so small I could not get my fingers in and the protection part for shooting did not go up far enough on the finger to cover the string.
 The other was huge and the finger protection part for the string was too short again.
  Mistakes happen but they do not give these gloves away. I asked for a specific thing and I guess they were to busy to do it. I am not bashing three rivers as I have bought tons of stuff from them. I will order all my trad archery needs from maybe a smaller sponsor here that will take the time and take care of ME.
  So in short my experience is the dura glove problem is not solved. Big Jim has some fine gloves and great service.Respectfully,RC

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
I been shooting the superglove for some time now, needed a new one, so I thoghut I would give the Dura-Glove a try.  I have always used a small super glove and the measurements on 3R website worked out tobe a small.  Well I could not get my fingers in the glove it was so tight near the finger tips.  3R is exchanging it for a medium with free return shipping, but I paid shipping there and back to the tune of 16.00.  It is going to be an expensive glove at the end of the day.

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
THAT'S why I love my local trad shop. I can walk in, try it on and then put it back or buy it. A local shop is one of the truly great things in life.

Plus, it's fun to just walk in and window shop or shoot the breeze   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
I had the same thing happen, one glove fit well...like a glove. The other the same size I can't get my fingers in. I've been trying squirting a product used to stretch shoes on it but it's still tight.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
Not bashing 3 rivers, but Iv; also had issues with their customer care. I stopped buying from them on principal. If you value your customers then you need to be fair and honorable.I hope they can resolve their issues.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:53:00 PM »
I've wanted to try these gloves as well,but i've also had problems with 3Rivers not really caring to give the customer service level that I have gotten from a bunch of other sponsors.

Offline coyote30

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »
I have a dura glove and like it. The cordura is barely long enough for me to get a deep hook and I have short fingers. I could see where this would be a problem for someone with long fingers. I have been happy with three rivers other than their shipping practices need some improvement. It cost me a $1.66 to send a wrong size glove back to them but charged me $8.95 to send the same thing one size larger back to me.

Offline gutpile580

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 04:25:00 AM »
Kustom king archery has a speed glove by bear paw that is some what like the gloves you guys are talking about could be another choice to try. There customer service is great bought a black glove from another company and it started falling apart after a few months but like the glove a lot. I seen they sold the same glove I was using on there website so I called them to order a new one. I was talking with the guy on the phone about my glove falling apart.He told me of course to talk with the people I bought it from and said that they should replace it with a new one and if they didn't he would. I would have to send the glove to him I thought that was great!!!

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:11:00 AM »
You guys are making me nervous, my old Dura-Glove is getting pretty ragged and needs to be replaced.  I hope I get a good one...lol.

The Bearpaw Speed Glove is a similar glove as mentioned although the leather quality on my   old Dura-Glove seems better.  The Speed glove is nice though.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
I fall a little between M and L on a glove so have to try them most times.  I got the large first because I suspected they ran small.  I was swimming in it.  Sent it back for the medium.  I have used it quite a bit and it is still too tight.  Index finger is real snug, and I can hardly get my finger in it.  Middle is not too bad and ring finger is just right.  For a deep hook the overlay is a little too short on the index, barley makes it on the middle finger and just right on the ring finger.  I have paid to ship the glove three times now and don’t care to send it back again.    

I wouldn’t mind if they took care of shipping when their item is the problem.  Why should I have to pay all this shipping because their sizes are not right and the construction is not consistent?  

I had kind of the same thing on the Eichler tab. I got the first and liked it so got a second one for a back up.  The second had face leather a good 1/3 or more thinner.  Way different feel. Got used to the thinner one and ordered a third for a back up to the second.  Third was a good 1/4 thinner than the second.  Each has quite a bit different string feel.  The first was so thick I couldn’t use it with the others.  I ended up getting rid of the fist and use the third as a back up to the second.  Why should I have to deal with this on three tabs the same model all purchased within a couple months of each other?  How many do you have to buy to get two the same?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Will Cocke 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
Bear paw Speed Glove   Is a way better glove than dura glove IMO.

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
I have two of the older duragloves. I really like them. I hope the sizing consistancy problem is resolved by the time comes to buy a new  one or two.
Chuck

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
I rally loved my first dura glove so much I wanted another just in case.Ordered small way too tight, sent back and med was also way to tight and stalls way too short string hanging up.There was also an area of leather on the palm that didn't do right too much to one side.Got my money back except a couple of ship back cost.I bought a Bear paw from custom king that is working right and stalls long enough.I really liked the orginal more even than the bear paw but the new ones no good.Kip

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »
I was a Dura-Glove fan,but I was not pleased with the last one I ordered.I've wore out two of the earlier ones,those were great gloves.
Leland

Offline bbold

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »
I've had 3 Dura gloves then they started messing up. I bought the Bear Paw Speed glove and never looked back. I deal with Kustom King or Lancaster archery

James

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
The Bearpaw Black glove is also very consistant in size and is even slicker than the Dura glove. They last a lot longer also, Kustom King carries them also.

Offline BIG GAME

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
Just recieved my Dura glove last night in the mail, I put my fingers in and grabbed my string, the cordura didn't reach my string.  I pulled the fingers as tight as I could and they barely got on the string.  It's going back.  Anybody ever use the Black Widow stick tight?
Lord of the Lynx

"One bow to rule them all"

Offline Kyodai

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »
I used to be a Dura Glove shooter, loved mine to bits.  Looking to try the Bearpaw glove sometime soon for my lighter weight bows.  For all others, I'll stick with my American Leathers Elk.

I'm with Big Game though--let me know if the Black Widow glove is working out for anyone.  I've been eyeballing them for a while now...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind."---Fred Bear

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 12:04:00 PM »
This doesn't sound good fellas. If it aint right I will send it back.
I like the older Dura glove I have because the finger stalls are slender, not a lot of bulk around the edges.

In case this Dura glove doesn't work out, can anyone tell me if the KK Black glove or the Speed glove has slender stalls?
I would really appreciate it if somebody will fill me in on details about the Black glove or Speed glove.
Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©