3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dura Glove  (Read 1818 times)

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dura Glove
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
This doesn't sound good fellas. If it aint right I will send it back.
I like the older Dura glove I have because the finger stalls are slender, not a lot of bulk around the edges.

In case this Dura glove doesn't work out, can anyone tell me if the KK Black glove or the Speed glove has slender stalls?
I would really appreciate it if somebody will fill me in on details about the Black glove or Speed glove.
Thanks

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
I've been shooting the same DG for over 3 years, holding up well. Been thinking of ordering a spare but I've hearing this same talk for a while now, so probably wont. If I knew they would be like the one I got I'd order a case of them.

Coyote30 is right, there shipping fee's are ridiculous.

Don't take long to remember why I buy veeeery little from them.

Eric

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
I was going to order a replacement for my well worn Dura-Glove a while back until I started reading threads like this.  I'm glad mine still has some life in it.  I also have a Bearpaw Speed Glove and would recommend it to anybody that likes the Dura-glove, they are very similar.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
I have a black glove and love it, but it is not going to be as durable as the leather gloves.  It has a lot more feel than the dura glove and speed glove.  I shoot up to 55# at my draw and it is fine, but I do get a little sore on the fingers when I shoot a lot of targets.  It is great for hunting and light shooting.  I got my black glove at the Kalamazoo expo in January and have already worn through the back of the finger tips just past the  seam on the finger nail side.  Either from the string rolling over the tips or from my face.  The tip overlays are still fine. I got a medium because it stretched more than most gloves.  Fit nice and I was shooting it like a well broken in old glove from day one. The overlays are plenty long to go well past the first joint.

I looked at getting a speed glove. I found a few at Compton, but they only had medium and that was too tight for me.  

I tried an American leather glove a couple years ago and the medium was too tight and large a bit loose.  I picked up a medium and tried it on at the GLLI and it was perfect fit for me.  Still kicking myself for not getting it.  

I am back to my tab most of the time and planning to look at the speed glove, American Leather elk, and maybe the black widow stick tight at this year’s Kalamazoo expo.  I just have to try them before I get one because I kind of fall between a medium and large.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »
Well, I got the Dura glove and it's not like my old one.
There is a lot of bulk in the stitching at the finger tips. The material on the tips seems great, the leather looks good, but I ordered a large and it's pretty tight, my fingers feel restricted. The finger overlays are long enough. I am going to keep it because I like the release I get with this glove...but, I did modify it. Cut the very tips out, and ran a flame lightly across each finger stall to stop fraying, and cut some slits in the top of stalls where my knuckles bend. I wont order another one but as long as I can make it work I will use this one.
Just wanted to pass this info along.

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Just ordered a new dura glove in large.  My old ones have always been large. This one is so small, I couldn't even get my fingers in!  The funny thing is that I had already placed my order when I read this thread.  Sure enough, same thing  too small.   I called 3 rivers and sent it back, I will let yall know how they handled it.
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
You would think with all the problems 3 r is having with customers returning Dura gloves,that they would stop shipping them out or at least check the sizes first, ect. But then I suppose they can make more on return shipping after they are sent back.   :dunno:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Well, mine is a large but it's tight. I modified it and it's better but I found my Neet glove and believe it or not the Neet glove works better for me,
Live and learn

Offline beaunaro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
Could it be the DG isn't made in the US? Just a guess as to the enormous inconsistencies.
3R is getting bad raps on Customer Service.
You would think they would be listening.
Just because you are big, doesn't always make you the best.
Irv Eichorst

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by beaunaro:
Could it be the DG isn't made in the US? Just a guess as to the enormous inconsistencies.
3R is getting bad raps on Customer Service.
You would think they would be listening.
Just because you are big, doesn't always make you the best.
Dont know but they got a good glove it they would get it back like it was.

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
My experience is the same as RC's I ordered my son one for Christmas and My medium fit him perfect. I orderded him a new one and I couldn't put my finger in it. I called 3 rivers they said to return it I did they sent me a large it fit but was way thinner and the finger stalls were to short for a deep hook. I am out return shipping and have a cheap built expensive glove. A friend gave me a bear paw it is similar but is a little thicker and has long finger stalls. My son loves it.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline TJK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
After reading all of this thread, I ended up ordering a new Bear Paw Speed glove from Big Jim.
Tom

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 11:52:00 AM »
If you have problems with a product and know it and continue to sell it bothers me. Then when a customer like me still likes the product enough to risk ordering TWO with a conversation with the sellers employee on the phone while ordering asking the gloves be matched to size and the guy saying ok ,makes my expectations of a couple of quality gloves higher and therefor upon receiving junk makes my disappointment even higher.I`m basically out 60 bucks or so and don`t want the trouble of sending something back I was assured would be right the first time. Enough to say I am finished doing business with a company I have been buying from for years. Would it have been the same service had I ordered two 800 dollar longbows...Who knows. I`m done fussing.RC

Offline dagwood64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Now I am going to look somewhere else for my next glove.
DEER THE OTHER RED MEAT!

62" Sasquatch T/D Hybrid 47@28
64" Sasquatch T/D Static Tip RC 50@28
64" Flatliner Stealth 45@29
64" Thunderstick III 55@29, for now.
60" Big Rock Black Hunter 35/40@28 (Daughter's)

Sirach 2:1-11

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by TJK68:
After reading all of this thread, I ended up ordering a new Bear Paw Speed glove from Big Jim.
Tom
I have one of these too.  Very similar to my   old  Dura-glove, I'll bet you like it.

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:00 PM »
I would like to apologize on the behalf of 3Rivers Archery and our supplier about sizing concerns on the Dura-Glove.

The glove is still made in the USA and on the same dies as from when the glove was made by Berlin. It has changed company hands (not by our choice, but companies being sold), but the dies are the same.

What is happening is how they are being sewn. This is why the finger stalls are too tight, or bunched at the end. We have been spot checking our shipments, but that has as of today changed to every glove in-stock and of future shipments being checked before going to orders. For those that have exchanged or returned a Dura-Glove this year, please email me at [email protected] so your return shipping may be reimbursed (if wasn’t already) and that I can confirm you got free shipping for the exchanged size. If you are with a Dura-Glove right now and unhappy with its sizing, please let me know also.

The vendor is apologizing to us, and is replacing all gloves that are defective, which we are sending out right away. We are still working with them to get all finger stalls sewn properly and consistently. We have expressed our displeasure of the glove being passed over for an imported glove being rated as higher quality. The checked Dura-gloves will have a 'check mark' on the tag of the glove. These gloves are tried on by a member of the staff for fit and comfort. Those with tight finger stalls, or odd shaped bunching at the tip (may have a small amount, but none that will affect usability or fit). Anyone looking to change out a current glove they have bought in the past 9 months or so please email me and once I confirm your order I will send you a new glove, no need to returning the old glove.

This is not a new issue, but it is something that we have addressed and corrected before. This is why we went to spot checking, not checking all gloves. The issue has popped back up again, and we are working hard to get this corrected, and it is something that I believe will be fixed completely in the near future.

For usability, I would like to ask this question. How far is your deep hook? Right now, we are checking for being able to get to the first knuckle crease of the fingers. I have measured this for a large to be roughly 1.5 inches deep. That is what the approved gloves will be. Are some of you going deeper than that? This would be the time to address this issue if any have input. This depth will vary for the other sizes though.  

Again, I do apologize for the inconsistencies of the Dura-Glove sizing. We will have a finalized and complete solution in the near future.

Please feel free to email me privately at [email protected] if I can help in any way.

Johnathan Karch
3Rivers Archery
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
[email protected]
I work for 3Rivers Archery as the President.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear 3 Rivers is trying to correct this problem because the Dura Glove will definitely continue to be a popular glove if these problems are resolved. The glove I received was a large, but it was really tight. Size is another issue with the Dura glove. For most archers the deep hook issue wouldn't be a problem if the tips are made at a length that would eliminate the deephook issue, in other words go a little farther with the material up the finger stall and the problem is solved. The Dura glove I received would have been good at about 1/4 inch longer on the protection overlay.
Hope this helps.

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2013, 02:23:00 PM »
The finger stalls need to fully clear the first joint as most deep hook coachs teach just beyond the crease on middle finger and just before on the first and ring finger. At least thats what coach Lee and USA archery teach.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline 3R Shooter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
Looking at adding 1/4 of an inch to the Cordura for all sizes. On my hand this would go to about the half way mark on my finger. Be about roughly 1.75" on a large glove.
I work for 3Rivers Archery as the President.
 www.3RiversArchery.com

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Mr. Karch. I just ordered a backup yesterday, wonderful glove. Always have been very pleased with the service from 3rivers.
shoot straight shoot often

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©